Fighters refuse to break from combat

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nemhook
x3

Fighters refuse to break from combat

Post by nemhook » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:16

in xenon sector I have 3 zero hull stations that are still red and 2 defence stations that are in pre=build.

I don't have my fighters set to attack everything just defend their destroyer, however, when my destroyers leave the zone, the fighters refuse to follow, instead they go for a non but should be dead station, I click on cancel all orders, but the attack symbols stay on the station, so I manually delete them, after about 5 seconds they reappear and the fighters just head back to the station.

after I manual order them to leave the sector and click on the attack icons again and remove them, they move away, but it has to be quick.

but when they renter the system, regardless of orders, they head straight to the closest red zero hull station, like teh pilots have major OCD and can't do anything else.

i have clicked on the destroyers themselves and cancelled all orders and made sure the attack everything option is not ticked.

same happens with my fighter wing

when i right click my wing and tell them to withdraw from combat, they're like, ok gotcha no problem, 10 seconds later it's, hahaha syke, i'm going back to shoot it again.

Unless these stations vanish once the hull is at zero, this is going to continuously happen, I get you can't destroy shipyards and wharfs, but if the stations are in a zone that does not have a shipyard or wharf, then they should be able to be completely destroyed so they turn grey as debris
Even though i like u, i may be called upon to kill u one day, know it isnt personal when it happens
[ external image ]

Arze
x4

Re: Fighters refuse to break from combat

Post by Arze » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:36

Do not slave units to each other! I'm sure you noticed that every time you add orders to your ships its an additive extra step is what they get and not immediate orders. The AI spams orders and fills the queue for your ships! If you remove orders from its slaves it re-adds them again, much like how stations re-add wares to trading ships slaved to them. You can only have proper command of your fleet if you don't make them into a fleet at the moment.

nemhook
x3

Re: Fighters refuse to break from combat

Post by nemhook » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:47

Arze wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:36
Do not slave units to each other! I'm sure you noticed that every time you add orders to your ships its an additive extra step is what they get and not immediate orders. The AI spams orders and fills the queue for your ships! If you remove orders from its slaves it re-adds them again, much like how stations re-add wares to trading ships slaved to them. You can only have proper command of your fleet if you don't make them into a fleet at the moment.
so pretty much don't set a fighter to defend a destroyer and don't add any fighters to defend your own ship, that's kinds of a big game breaker that they don't seem to have any interest if fixing, this sort of thing should have been corrected in beta, clearly it was happening then too.

I'd realy prefer not to click on every single ship and have them given individual orders, that's one major time zync
Even though i like u, i may be called upon to kill u one day, know it isnt personal when it happens
[ external image ]

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”