BUG 1.32 - Build Storage of (destroyed) Station perma Aggroes Ships

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

karti
x4

BUG 1.32 - Build Storage of (destroyed) Station perma Aggroes Ships

Post by karti » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 22:14

Problem:

Ships get perma-aggroed by (indestructable) Build Storages of Stations that got Destroyed.

Expected Behaviour:

When the Station dies the Build Storage should vanish aswell or should be destructable.

https://abload.de/img/2018-12-1022_09_35-x4r1d6d.png
Last edited by karti on Sun, 16. Dec 18, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

nemhook
x3

Re: BUG 1.31 - Build Storage of (destroyed) Station perma Aggroes Ships

Post by nemhook » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:28

yep same issue here, just gimps the fighters
Even though i like u, i may be called upon to kill u one day, know it isnt personal when it happens
[ external image ]

Arze
x4

Post by Arze » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:38

Stop adding ships to wings and your problem is solved. Not for the lazor turrets, but you can salvage your fleet... Funny how you can't just disband fleets you have to do it manually...........

Axeface
x4

1.32 BUG/EXPLOIT - AI attacking invulnerable Build Storage / infinite drone spawns

Post by Axeface » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 05:13

I went into Matrix #451 to find a massive Teladi fleet had cleared the gate and destroyed the Xenon station next to it.
However the fleet is attacking the Xenon 'Build Storage', which is invulnerable. They are also missing it A LOT which makes me think something is wrong with however the targetting is set up.
I think this might be a pretty inefficient use of the Teladi fleet :wink:

Another thing I want to point out is that the station wreck (called wreck on the HUD) is swarming with drones, and they just keep spawning. I can sit my ship in the middle of the station and hold hold O to scoop up valuable cargo, the teladi are doing all the work for me by destroying the drones.

So...
- Why does the wrecked station have a build storage and why is it invulnerable?
- Why are drones continuing to spawn from a destroyed station?

plynak
x3tc

Re: 1.32 BUG/EXPLOIT - AI attacking invulnerable Build Storage / infinite drone spawns

Post by plynak » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 07:49

I have the same issue. All the Teladi fleet attacking this indestructibe wreck of the Xenon defense platform. Just another example that this "game" did not have any testing at all.
I have just put the game on hold. There are so many blatant errors, bugs and missing features that it does not make any sense to play it at all.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

karti
x4

Re: 1.32 BUG/EXPLOIT - AI attacking invulnerable Build Storage / infinite drone spawns

Post by karti » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 13:00

See Topic <Merged. Alan Phipps> - this also happens with non-xenon Build Storages and basicly makes automated ship behaviour useless.

You cannot leave Ships on Patrol / Defend orders in a sector and have to micromanage every squad/fleet about every 5 minutes to clear their Attack Commands rendering them useless and your Sector Defenseless.

DarkTar
x4

Post by DarkTar » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 13:07

This is still half the trouble, my Port of Argon has stopped building ships, and it takes money to build, ... time to build 0:00:00 ... the game after patch 1.32 on the old save constantly crashes, you need to start a new game (I'm against this). When changing jobs, you need to constantly cancel the old teams otherwise it does not work, the defense platforms are immortal, the drones on them and the ships are also immortal, the hack nodes do not work ... and so on :shock: :shock: :shock:

karti
x4

Post by karti » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 20:19

This still happens in 1.32 for me and not adding ships to wings is a terrible solution.

NullQuery
x4

Post by NullQuery » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 13:26

This is rather annoying. Looking elsewhere while my fleet of 7 destroyers was taking care of the threat in Matrix #451, I didn't realize they got stuck fighting against an unkillable build storage that isn't even visible on the map. They emptied their storages of thousands of missiles against the indestructible build storage and seem to be very keen on continuing it unless I specifically order them to attack another station.
- Why does the wrecked station have a build storage and why is it invulnerable?
Image:
https://i.imgur.com/QDmbx39.jpg

NullQuery
x4

Re: BUG 1.32 - Build Storage of (destroyed) Station perma Aggroes Ships

Post by NullQuery » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 13:36

Still happening in 1.50b3. Playing without wings is not an option. As long as this issue is here, I don't see any way for the AI to take over or patrol enemy sectors. Even if you take over the sector yourself, I assume the build storages would still be there and aggro the whole sector patrol.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 23:47

You can just avoid the places where these build storages are. Tell wing leaders to protect position, not patrol the entire sector.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 16:49

It may be worth testing this again in 1.50, now released. There is a station repair cooldown period after combat which may help.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

terzial86

Patrol ships attacking indestructible build storage.

Post by terzial86 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 15:42

After a long and expensive campaign I was able to wipe the HOP off the map, destroy every station (including the wharf, shipyard, and trading station) and claim all of their sectors. Now when I assign my ships auto behavior to patrol they target the old build storage of these destroyed stations. These do not de-spawn like the station hulls do and cannot be destroyed. So now I have a lot of expensive ships firing away at these while the rest of my sector is undefended.

csaba
x4

Re: BUG 1.32 - Build Storage of (destroyed) Station perma Aggroes Ships - Try again in 1.50

Post by csaba » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 23:55

Yep just went to Matrix #451.

Might add that Kha'ak stations seem to spawn infinite hordes of small fighters. I think the installation is still immortal as well.

Wings are absolutely broke btw. They don't keep formation, they don't help each other. They stop each time they kill a target and watch their brethren die.

sh1pman
x4

Re: BUG 1.32 - Build Storage of (destroyed) Station perma Aggroes Ships - Try again in 1.50

Post by sh1pman » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 22:03

This still happens in 1.5, BTW. Please look into this.

Shankt
x4

Post by Shankt » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 19:44

No change in version 1.6 -- please do fix this.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 16:40

Seems to still be the case in 2.0b4.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 16:44

The build storage should be removed when the station is destroyed with the latest version. Are you sure you're not talking about a slightly different situation?

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 18:01

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 19. Feb 19, 16:44
The build storage should be removed when the station is destroyed with the latest version. Are you sure you're not talking about a slightly different situation?
I'll keep an eye at it later today. I've just been invaded by the Xenons and their defence platforms, so I have plenty of opportunity to see if it works! Great job if it does.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”