Can we please - please - fix the issue with falling through the floor?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hornet108
x4

Can we please - please - fix the issue with falling through the floor?

Post by Hornet108 » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:24

Honestly, this one is so immersion breaking and frankly basic that I can't believe its still ongoing.

Seems to be related to when the camera goes away from the first person view and then comes back for a reasonable amount of time, on objects far away from the player but in sector. All you have to do after that is move and dowwwnnnn you goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Can we please - please - fix the issue with falling through the floor?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:31

As I understand it, there's not a single cause for this issue. Hence why, it isn't that easy to reproduce and fix it. Update 2.5 just included a fix for one of the causes, but apparently there are more.

If you have a reliable way of reproducing this issue, then please post instructions and provide a savegame.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 02:55

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:31
As I understand it, there's not a single cause for this issue. Hence why, it isn't that easy to reproduce and fix it. Update 2.5 just included a fix for one of the causes, but apparently there are more.

If you have a reliable way of reproducing this issue, then please post instructions and provide a savegame.
The issue is that update 2.50 may have caused regression by adding a new cause. This cause has been fixed but the fix only happened after 2.50 went live so is scheduled for the next update.

See link below for report...
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=417101

In 2.50 the most common cause for the player character falling through floors is changing camera targets, especially to distant objects. This should be fixed with the next patch. There is currently no ETA on when the next patch is coming or how extensive it will be.

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 20:58

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:31
Hornet108 wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:24
Seems to be related to when the camera goes away from the first person view and then comes back for a reasonable amount of time, on objects far away from the player but in sector. All you have to do after that is move and dowwwnnnn you goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
My saves are heavily modified, so I doubt they would load. I doubt however the mods are in any way related to the issue. I'd say its around when it cuts the surroundings by the object the player is currently in becoming out of view, and then having to re-render them. But it sounds like we might have a solution upcoming?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”