PLEASE add a reverse toggle for HOTAS

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aerohead
x3tc

PLEASE add a reverse toggle for HOTAS

Post by Aerohead » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 20:08

Using the throttle on my X52 is unbearably difficult to use. With out a detent finding 0 speed is terrible. Please considering adding a reverse button in bindings so use HOTAS users can play with some ease. Thank you Devs.

birdtable
x4

Re: PLEASE add a reverse toggle for HOTAS

Post by birdtable » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 20:14

Using X52 pro,, there is already one … using button/key 10 for fine adjustment when landing :) ...look through controls/general If I remember properly

Zealoth
x4

Post by Zealoth » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 02:20

It needs to be set to "toggle"
Remembering to hold the button is even worse than just hunting for zero position

I also have no zero detent
+1 for this request

Python9066
x4

Post by Python9066 » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:39

I ended up using the Precision slide (the part on the throttle) as kinda a switch for it. So in the menu it says "Slider 1 (+)" for invert.

All I need to do is slide it up for reverse, then back down for normal

Nicolas_Yad
x4

Post by Nicolas_Yad » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 09:31

Aerohead wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 20:08
Using the throttle on my X52 is unbearably difficult to use. With out a detent finding 0 speed is terrible. Please considering adding a reverse button in bindings so use HOTAS users can play with some ease. Thank you Devs.
Just bind the "stop engine" button. With that no matter where your throttle is, the engine just stops, and when you change the position of your throttle it restarts.
I'm using that with my hotas, it's very easy.

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by DocAce » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 15:44

I think a combination of "Bidirectional Throttle: Off" and mapping the "Full reverse" digital input should do the trick for all of you. Let me know if these are not what you meant!

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 19:12

DocAce wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 15:44
I think a combination of "Bidirectional Throttle: Off" and mapping the "Full reverse" digital input should do the trick for all of you. Let me know if these are not what you meant!
X 52 pro

This is what I was using in the first hrs of release … gives very erratic acceleration... Stop or full acceleration..
Best appears to be set Throttle to Z axis … and leave the rest alone and find an alternative solution to reverse... like mouse wheel :(
There already exist the function for forward stop and reverse on controller … not able to use …. with the greatest respect I suggest you try your method and see what you think... :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”