Flight Assist Making Game Unplayable

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Flight Assist Making Game Unplayable

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 09:47

This is a big break for me in terms of gameplay. I am wandering grand exchange and every time I put the flight assist on all my craft does is wiggle uncontrollably back and forth. I am unable to click anything or fly without crashing into anything. It stops if I turn it off. But as soon as it is turned back on the wobbling continues.

I am beyond frustrated with the controls of this game and preparing to quit playing. I also have a tutorial active that can no longer be shut off. I started the build station. And since I assigned a builder faster than the tutorial noticed, I keep getting a popup telling me to assign a builder even though the station is now completely built.

I will attempt to add a module to see if this corrects this since I will have to assign a builder again. Also, as I left the shipyard in Grand Exchange one of the security vessels began shooting at me at random. And of course my destroying him caused a loss in rep.

I am attempting the boron mission to
Spoiler
Show
Explore an anomaly which is how I got to grand exchange to begin with. Deliver a suitable ship, which the game gives you 200K credits, and every ship available is too expensive.

Also, tutorial 3, involving the scanning is also broken. It needs to give more direction. As turning on the Scan did absolutely nothing as there is no direction given once it turns on.

I'm a long time fan starting with X2 Reunion. I loved X3 Albion Prelude. I hated rebirth and am starting to feel the same with Foundations.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

danpaul88
x4

Re: Flight Assist Making Game Unplayable

Post by danpaul88 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 12:18

Wharfs sell smaller (and cheaper) ships than Shipyards, just FYI if you've not noticed that already :) I spent ages trying to find a shipyard selling anything smaller than an L size ship :/

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 02:07

So far I have only explored Black Hole Sun and Grand Exchange. And every time I turn on the Flight Assist in Grand Exchange my ship will continuously part rotate back and forth uncontrollably.

Because of this I cannot target, click on, select anything that is on screen. And of course if I open the map to select anything, the throttle goes to zero making you a sitting duck.

I have another problem, I am starting to get extremely sick playing this game (from the rotating) and have now had my stomach attempt to come up playing several times. I think this is it for me Egosoft. I'm not gonna sugar coat this. I have been playing since X2 Reunion. I got soo excited for this game, and I have now only played it a few times and officially prefer X3 Albion Prelude. I'm feeling completely let down. You guys designed it to orient you always to the ecliptic plain. Maybe that is the problem. Have a setting to turn that off specifically. Granted it was fun to fly backwards nose to nose with an N while I face lashed him, but I hate turning and seeing my speed turn to a negative number forgetting that the flight assist is off, then to crash into something.

One other issue I wanted to point out. NPC ships crash into almost everything.

While attempting to dock at the Teladi Trading Station I had several ships blast into me at full speed exiting the docking bay. I got sent 20 KM away from the station in an instant each time. 4 times in a row. Then after I docked and undocked, all the stations turrets turned red and hostile. Next I know the station goes red and suddenly have drones attacking me. I did not shoot anything or attack anything. My standing with Teladi Company suddenly went from +6 to -28 in an instant. Not sure why. The only thing I did was drop some personal items while in the station that I realized were contraband (for crafting).

Edit--- This seems to be exclusively happening in grand exchange. Doesn't happen in 18 billion.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 04:19

Not sure if i can help with everything, but loosing speed when your in menus can be stopped, theres an option in Game Settings called Maintain speed in menus. putting a tick in that box will prevent the ship from stopping whilst you are in menus.

The connstant rotating sounds like a stuck key or a continuous signal from a key, have you tried cleaning the keyboard recently? make sure nothing has become trapped under the key. Out of curiousity is it rotating left or right? or after you bank?
Is it returning you to the equivalent of the eliptical plane? Have you tried switching Autoroll off ion the Game Settings?

If its a controller plugged in have you tried testing it to make sure thats not the cause? Simple test would be to unplug the controller, then start x4 load your game and see what happens. If theres no controller attached then obviously this won't work.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”