1.21 BUG Can see and edit AI controlled ships orders - Seeing orders is WAI for high rep; ability to edit is a bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jamiewwer1
x4

1.21 BUG Can see and edit AI controlled ships orders - Seeing orders is WAI for high rep; ability to edit is a bug

Post by jamiewwer1 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:09

Hi,

All of the sudden I can see all the AI (faction) ships orders, sell icons move icons ect. Edit: I can remove AI orders too

Did I press a debug key? or is this a bug?

Edit: link to save file https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkRJmzhWJJ_iiKI_RAx_7oFKIeHVRg

Edit 2: screenshots

https://imgur.com/w6Cnowo.jpg

https://imgur.com/OL23WSb.jpg

https://imgur.com/OL23WSb.jpg
Last edited by jamiewwer1 on Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:58, edited 6 times in total.

jamiewwer1
x4

Re: [1.20][BUG] Can see AI controlled ships orders

Post by jamiewwer1 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:43

It usually happens during cristal mining

jamiewwer1
x4

Re: [1.21][BUG] Can see AI controlled ships orders

Post by jamiewwer1 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 17:12

only ARGON ships though? is this because of relation?

strask412
x4

Re: [solved][1.21]Can see AI controlled ships orders

Post by strask412 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 19:03

Hi, you marked this solved but I'm also curious about it. If you have a moment, could you summarize what you learned?
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 19:15

@ strask412: Not here please. PM the OP if that interested.

@ OP Unless a dev has already been in contact about this, what was the type of solution that you found please?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jamiewwer1
x4

Post by jamiewwer1 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 01:26

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 19:15
@ strask412: Not here please. PM the OP if that interested.

@ OP Unless a dev has already been in contact about this, what was the type of solution that you found please?
I think, still looking for confirmation, that I can see the orders because I have a high rank with Argon. That would explain it. Although I still find it weird that I can delete their orders

GrafOrloff
x4

[1.30 BUG] Able to influence orders of NPC-owned ships

Post by GrafOrloff » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 13:40

Game version is obviously 1.30, English.
No mods, scripts, savegame editing or any other dark sorcery was used.

After leaving the game in SETA Mode overnight, I have discovered that now it's possible to:
1. See NPC-owned ships names, crew and routes on the map without even selecting them.
2. Influence their orders through adding additional waypoints or deleting pre-existing ones.

Not only does this strange issue make it very difficult to see what my own property is doing,
but also harms performance with map open pretty badly, reducing FPS from ~26 to ~13.

Visual evidence #1:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... DFF98C7CC/

Visual evidence #2:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... F3E272F84/

Visual evidence #3:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8AEEA2F2B/

DxDiag:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/068dnwfryx363 ... g.txt?dl=0

Vulkaninfo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrirpyhjug7i5 ... o.txt?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 1.21 BUG Can see AI controlled ships orders - Resolved

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 16:23

@ GrafOrloff: Is it all NPC ships or just ones from factions you have very good rep with?

GrafOrloff
x4

Re: 1.21 BUG Can see AI controlled ships orders - Resolved

Post by GrafOrloff » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:02

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 16:23
@ GrafOrloff: Is it all NPC ships or just ones from factions you have very good rep with?
It seems that these are NPC ships from factions I have 25+ reputation with.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 1.21 BUG Can see AI controlled ships orders - Caused by having good rep?

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:06

Thanks, it is almost certain that seeing the orders of NPC ships from factions that you are on very good terms with is working as intended. You being able to change their orders is a bug though.

GrafOrloff
x4

Re: 1.21 BUG Can see AI controlled ships orders - Caused by having good rep?

Post by GrafOrloff » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 21:14

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:06
Thanks, it is almost certain that seeing the orders of NPC ships from factions that you are on very good terms with is working as intended. You being able to change their orders is a bug though.
But why would it be intended for me to see their routes? It harms performance really badly and all their crew stats that are shown constantly make it really hard to see what is happening underneath them, be it my ships/orders or stations. Therefore making it quite painful to try to control my small empire through the map. And one more thing about performance: I happen to have ASUS GeForce GTX 1050Ti and while playing on the lowest possible graphic settings, the only way I could reach 60 FPS is travel far into empty space and hang there without touching controls. On the map, before the NPC routes appeared, I had 22-25 FPS at best and now it hardly reaches 10! Wouldn't it make sense at least to make NPC routes visibility into a switchable option? Considering that as of now, the game is rather lacking in optimization, to put it mildly.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 1.21 BUG Can see and edit AI controlled ships orders - Seeing orders is WAI for high rep; ability to edit is a bug

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 21:24

Woah. The devs respond to the one issue presented per report. Now that they know of the ability to edit NPC tasks issue, they will most probably work on that and eventually respond via this thread.

If you feel that the 'working as designed' display of information from very-friendly faction ships is any or all of overpowered, unwanted, distracting and affecting performance (as you obviously do) then please raise a separate report on that which others can comment on and then we'll see if the devs will get involved in adjusting it. Thanks.

jamiewwer1
x4

Re: 1.21 BUG Can see and edit AI controlled ships orders - Seeing orders is WAI for high rep; ability to edit is a bug

Post by jamiewwer1 » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:04

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 21:24
Woah. The devs respond to the one issue presented per report. Now that they know of the ability to edit NPC tasks issue, they will most probably work on that and eventually respond via this thread.

If you feel that the 'working as designed' display of information from very-friendly faction ships is any or all of overpowered, unwanted, distracting and affecting performance (as you obviously do) then please raise a separate report on that which others can comment on and then we'll see if the devs will get involved in adjusting it. Thanks.
agreed, fix bug first.

TMCrimeZ
x4

Post by TMCrimeZ » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:35

Im also experiencing this bug since a few minutes. Also noticing fps drop and have a high faction rating with argon. I dont have the need to see their orders and especially not the fps drop

jamiewwer1
x4

Post by jamiewwer1 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 01:52

TMCrimeZ wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:35
Im also experiencing this bug since a few minutes. Also noticing fps drop and have a high faction rating with argon. I dont have the need to see their orders and especially not the fps drop

A temporary fix is to turn off “see all orders” in the map ui. You will still see the orders of your ship if you click on it.
Last edited by jamiewwer1 on Mon, 10. Dec 18, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

GrafOrloff
x4

Post by GrafOrloff » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 10:22

jamiewwer1 wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 01:52

A temporary fix is to turn off “see all orders” in the map ui. You will still see the orders of you ship if you click on it.
Thank you for that tip!

TMCrimeZ
x4

Post by TMCrimeZ » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 12:58

jamiewwer1 wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 01:52
TMCrimeZ wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:35

A temporary fix is to turn off “see all orders” in the map ui. You will still see the orders of you ship if you click on it.
Thanks i Will!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”