V1.30 Cannot assign station manager

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DFViper

V1.30 Cannot assign station manager

Post by DFViper » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 23:31

Version 1.3, Language English, Unmodified, Young Gun Game Start

I found a bug with station managers. I have a problem whereby I cannot assign a manager to 3 of my stations. All the others I have done successfully so I understand the mechanic. It manifests when a station requests a manager and has none assigned, but you get a message saying "This person cannot be employed at......".

After many hours of rebuilding stations, trying to reassign other crew etc. I found the problem was the manager never got off the ship from which they were assigned. Therefore a manager for my station could be on a scout ship the other side of the galaxy, the station wouldn't operate and nor could I assigned another manager. The station would also show no manager as being assigned.

The manager on the ship did not show in the ship roster either, it was only by physically boarding the ship myself I noticed.

The only fix I could find for this was to leave the ship and destroy it, killing the manager. I could then assign a new one successfully.

This is still an issue though, as I have two stations to which a manager is assigned but not present (and not showing on crew list for station), but I have no clue on which of my ships they might be hiding :)

I'd really like this addressed in an upcoming patch, as I see from the forums I'm not the only one to experience the issue.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by DFViper on Fri, 7. Dec 18, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

GuardMoony

Re: V1.30 Cannot assign station manager

Post by GuardMoony » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 23:37

Can confirm similar issue. For the me the manager is stuck inside the airlock of my ship. Wich also causes a 2nd issue that i can't enter the cockpit anymore of that ship. Doors will not open.

I'll try to upload the gamefiles tomorrow.

Regards,
GuardMoony

Torment101

Post by Torment101 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 23:41

I just posted with same issue, just seen your post after.

The station did have a ship docked that I assigned to a defence wing, maybe my manager on that ship or even on any of the ships that trade. Very annoying bug no matter.

The station had a manager, the station was functioning, then I noticed all the ships assigned to this station stopped and the manager section under information was blank and I had error when attempting to assign new one from either pilot or crew member.

Torment101

Post by Torment101 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:04

I just landed the ship I had parked at station earlier, one that I reassigned as defence and the manager appeared back on station info menu, so yeah he/she was stuck on the ship I moved off. Guess as suggested either find and fire or destroy ship and find another way to assign a manager.

Another thing I found that solved it. If you land the ship with the manager, then enter the managers office the crewmemeber then appears in the office. You can then undock the ship and manager stays put.

lyfesgrafiq
x4

Post by lyfesgrafiq » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 05:01

I'm currently on 1.3 just had the same issue. They were stuck inside the airlock on a Kestrel Sentinel. I assigned them from outside the sector, I just can't remember if I was on another station or in a ship. It was the pilot I reassigned to manager and I hit that best crew member button afterwards, and sent the ship off to explore. So I didn't even see that the manager was stuck on the ship. I just knew that the manager seemed to just disappear and I couldn't assign anyone else.

I got the manager back though by... removing all orders, bringing the ship back (docking it), unassigned the pilot and manager back to crew, sat as the pilot (don't know if that was needed but didn't take the chance), and reassigned the manager back to manager and that worked.

Also... before I assigned the pilot to manager the first time... the ship wouldn't visually dock while I was looking at the map. It kinda just stuttered on the side of the station image. I removed all orders, sent it away several times then brought it back, but it just kept doing it. The info on the station and ship said that the ship was docked, so I thought maybe map bugged out or something and I assigned them anyway. Not sure if that's relevant to the manager getting stuck but that's what happen right before I initially assigned the pilot to manager.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:56

Confirm. Somehow I was succesfull to hire it, but after that gained more problems with not working taders and miners.
Steam related topics:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 795511014/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 800796709/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 801212367/

DFViper

Post by DFViper » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 14:59

Glad there's a reason behind it, only problem I have is I don't know on which of my 70 ships they are hiding, so I'm currently docking them all at my HQ and going to inspect every ship! Hopefully will find the managers, otherwise will have to wait for a fix :)

DFViper

Post by DFViper » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 19:14

I found one of the 2 missing managers on board one of my scouts. Couldn't find the other unfortunately, so have 1 station non-operational until this is resolved.

Torment101

Post by Torment101 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 19:37

Think the manager missing is a upkeep mission and you get a distinct sound when you land the ship.

rada660
x4

Post by rada660 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 21:13

I'm also getting that problem.

But right now, I can't seem to find the one person I assigned as a manager.

There is a need to find crew assignment more easily.

gravitysux
x4

Post by gravitysux » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 17:59

Having the same issue, manager "stuck" inside the ship I brought him on until 1.30 when that ship was killed and I cannot assign new manager to PHQ.

Relentless Goatee
x4

Post by Relentless Goatee » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:00

I've created an open source tool to fix this exact issue : Announcement : Open-Source save-game bug fixer for a range of bugs

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”