[1.3 Bug] Bug with the formation tab, or drop down

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[1.3 Bug] Bug with the formation tab, or drop down

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:40

Not sure what to call it but when you create a wing, there is a drop down menu or tab for selecting a formation. When you select the formation it initially shows up in the box, but if you leave the screen or click on something else, the formation you selected is no longer shown in the box and the formation doesn't activate or work. This happens every time so you can't use a formation at all.

Wait, this might only happen if you have another formation active with a subordinate. I just looked and I have a paranid odysseus as the leader of the wing. It has a Cerberus subordinate. The cerberus subordinate has 2 novas as its subordinates. The cerberus is set up with a formation. This might be interfering with me selecting a formation for the odysseus. I will check.

Edit -- Okay tested it further, it seems that if you have a formation set up for a subordinate, then the lead ship of the wing can't use a formation

PaperDog

Re: [1.3 Bug] Bug with the formation tab, or drop down

Post by PaperDog » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 00:07

I think I found work around. I am using Cerebus...as the squad leader. I have 7 wings in point guard formation...They wouldn't cooperate until I cleared my cerebus of all orders and assignments. Then I reselected the formation and they seem to work now...

MEMO to developer... Add a trigger in the set formation menu item, to refresh squad leader's updated status and commands. Capital ships especially...otherwise its pointless to have squads... :p
PaperDog

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”