[1.3 Bug] Station missions, factions don't take the stations when complete - Fix coming in 2.0

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[1.3 Bug] Station missions, factions don't take the stations when complete - Fix coming in 2.0

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 04:26

When doing missions for factions to build stations, the faction is supposed to take over the station you build I am assuming but they do not take over the station. Station remains under player control

Baldamundo
x4

Re: [1.3 Bug] Station missions, factions don't take the stations when complete

Post by Baldamundo » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:13

Who would have thought that getting hundreds of free stations would actually turn out to get really annoying

Reteoteigam
x4

Post by Reteoteigam » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 09:23

Hi, I have the same Problem + Not finished Mission

Mission:
Build Station for Argon Federation
Target:
[*]Black Sun (Schwarze Sonne)
[*]2x3x4
[*]5 Turrets
[*]40,000 Storage Capacity Container

Behavior:
Sector Black Sun, on the position the mission shows me. Mission parts of "Sector" and "order building space" grey colored. "Build Station" still open.

Player Build:
Construction Space:

|x| = 3
y 2
-y 1
|y| = 3
z 2
-z 2
|z| = 4

Content:
[*]1x 1M6S Port
[*]1x Argon M Storage Container
[*] 3x Turret a PulseCannon (cheapest Blueprint from Argon Prime)
[*] 5x Turret a PulseCannon (cheapest Blueprint from Argon Prime)

expected:
[*]Mission Finished
[*]credits delivered
[*]station goes to federation

wrong:
[*]Mission not Finished
[*]credits not delivered
[*]station belongs to player

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 10:14

Reteoteigam wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 09:23

Mission:
Target:
[*]2x3x4
[*]5 Turrets

Behavior:
Sector Black Sun, on the position the mission shows me. Mission parts of "Sector" and "order building space" grey colored. "Build Station" still open.

Player Build:
Construction Space:

|x| = 3
y 2
-y 1
|y| = 3
z 2
-z 2
|z| = 4

Content:
[*]1x 1M6S Port

expected:
[*]Mission Finished
[*]credits delivered

wrong:
[*]Mission not Finished
[*]credits not delivered
Here ya go, did some thorough testing on station construction to see where some of the problems lie. If you simply build a new module while you're at the build location it should finish up.
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=405860

1. You must be present when the plot is claimed
2. Turrets must be setup prior to hitting confirmation, they will not build on an already completed module, for now

lyfesgrafiq
x4

Post by lyfesgrafiq » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:28

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 04:26
When doing missions for factions to build stations, the faction is supposed to take over the station you build I am assuming but they do not take over the station. Station remains under player control
Any advice on what to do until this is fixed? I currently have 2 stations the factions haven't taken over. I've had this bug before 1.3, just didn't know it was a bug.
Last edited by lyfesgrafiq on Sat, 8. Dec 18, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:30

Alandauron wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 10:14
Reteoteigam wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 09:23

Mission:
Target:
[*]2x3x4
[*]5 Turrets

Behavior:

Player Build:
Construction Space:

|x| = 3
y 2
-y 1
|y| = 3
z 2
-z 2
|z| = 4

Content:
[*]1x 1M6S Port

expected:
[*]Mission Finished
[*]credits delivered

wrong:
[*]Mission not Finished
[*]credits not delivered
Here ya go, did some thorough testing on station construction to see where some of the problems lie. If you simply build a new module while you're at the build location it should finish up.
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=405860

2. Turrets must be setup prior to hitting confirmation, they will not build on an already completed module, for now
You can built turrets on an already completed module but you have to deconstruct the module and then reconstruct it (edit module with pencil, add turrets, then confirm, right click on module part, drag it as in move it somewhere, then drag it and move it back into position) Now it will deconstruct and then reconstruct with turrets

Dibolic
x4

Post by Dibolic » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 12:15

lyfesgrafiq wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:28
BlackRain wrote:
Any advice on what to do until this is fixed? I currently have 2 stations the factions haven't taken over. I've had this bug before 1.3, just didn't know it was a bug.
What I found is to destroy the station. Whitin the built menu I remove all modules except the port. Then I destroy personnaly the remaining module with my ship's weapons.

lyfesgrafiq
x4

Post by lyfesgrafiq » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 12:52

Dibolic wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 12:15
lyfesgrafiq wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:28
BlackRain wrote:
What I found is to destroy the station. Whitin the built menu I remove all modules except the port. Then I destroy personnaly the remaining module with my ship's weapons.
Appreciate the reply... I'll try that thx.

mike2k4u
x4

Post by mike2k4u » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 15:45

here are the questions i have regarding those missions and stations in general:
does the mission to build a station suppose to transfer the station to the faction ordered it? if so will it be fixed eventually?
station full disassembly
or station selling to npcs are those features considered or planned
as i have noticed it is possible to cancel ownership of plot (haven't tested it to the end as the plots i bought i needed them

Reteoteigam
x4

Post by Reteoteigam » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 18:21

New Information about Workaround:

- If mission is not completed it helps to rotate the station (rebuild it), its the easy way, without clicking around

Still bugs:
[*] sometimes not mission ended
[*] factory is still in players account - :D okay i sell all plattforms and only leave the docking port ( get material back and do next mission a good reason for L transporter :D ) .... yes this is bug using but the workaround cost time - "time issss creditsss"

wait for 1.4 updates ^^
1. no it works too if you NOT in the sector, but a ship of player was there
2. Turrets must be setup prior to hitting confirmation,
no use workaround with rotation , rebuilded everything -> works fine
[/quote]they will not build on an already completed module, for now[/quote]
you can build on the modules, but the menu is too much logic for human use. if you go into a pre setted module and want set towers, the old ones are deselected IF they are not ready builded

@DEVELOPER
Hint:
I saw before 1.3 update a silicon plate producer facility instead of the players factory after reach mission. But reload of saved game occurs that the mission was not ended anymore (without workaround)

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:04

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:30
You can built turrets on an already completed module but you have to deconstruct the module and then reconstruct it (edit module with pencil, add turrets, then confirm, right click on module part, drag it as in move it somewhere, then drag it and move it back into position) Now it will deconstruct and then reconstruct with turrets
This actually will not work some of the time. I think the issue lies in how the game currently treats the turrets on stations. As soon a module is started on the resources required for turrets vanish and are not a requirement for completion of said module. This presents a problem because if the ship bringing your turret supplies is running slow then your turrets just won't get built, at least if the module completes prior to those supplies arriving. The order will even be cancelled altogether for those missing supplies so rotating the station will give you the same result because you don't have the required supplies.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:56

Alandauron wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:04
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:30
This actually will not work some of the time. I think the issue lies in how the game currently treats the turrets on stations. As soon a module is started on the resources required for turrets vanish and are not a requirement for completion of said module. This presents a problem because if the ship bringing your turret supplies is running slow then your turrets just won't get built, at least if the module completes prior to those supplies arriving. The order will even be cancelled altogether for those missing supplies so rotating the station will give you the same result because you don't have the required supplies.
I am sure it is a bug. However, the way I mentioned does work, even if it doesn't work one time, do it again and it will work. I have actually been able to build turrets just fine by also doing this, making sure to deselect all modules, then click on the module I want to edit (whether from the menu or the image on the screen) then hit the edit key when selected. Usually works.

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 20:07

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:56
Alandauron wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:04
I am sure it is a bug. However, the way I mentioned does work, even if it doesn't work one time, do it again and it will work. I have actually been able to build turrets just fine by also doing this, making sure to deselect all modules, then click on the module I want to edit (whether from the menu or the image on the screen) then hit the edit key when selected. Usually works.
Yes, it does, I just want to make sure any reading over this understand that they have to ensure they get the supplies there themselves if the rotating doesn't work. Also trying to make it as clear as possible in case the devs are reading here as well.

nightphreak
x4

Post by nightphreak » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 00:21

are they actually supposed to take the station? in XR they didn't take the stations you built for missions either, i assumed it operated on the same mechanic. (we need a station for X , build station for X, Win... )

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 01:23

nightphreak wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 00:21
are they actually supposed to take the station? in XR they didn't take the stations you built for missions either, i assumed it operated on the same mechanic. (we need a station for X , build station for X, Win... )
A lot of it is like defense stations and such, I think they are supposed to take them. Also, all the factory ones seem to be cargo only

nightphreak
x4

Post by nightphreak » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 03:40

A lot of it is like defense stations and such, I think they are supposed to take them. Also, all the factory ones seem to be cargo only
just finished a factory one, the mission wouldn't complete for me until i added a production module of some kind to it

Orgrune

Post by Orgrune » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 12:16

I have this issue and as far as I can tell everything on my factory is built and all specs are fulfilled. (I have a big enough plot, 3 times the needed turrets and twice the cargo space needed... I like to aim high)
However, since i didn't know the factory was supposed to be auto-gifted to the faction the quest was for (still ain't, will it? so many different responces to that) I just started manning the stations with a few curiers and a manager. Could this affect the outcome? Do I have to remove my own staff and build it from scratch again. By rotating it for example?

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 18:17

nightphreak wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 03:40
just finished a factory one, the mission wouldn't complete for me until i added a production module of some kind to it
It's not because of the production module it's because the turrets likely didn't get finished due to the way the game currently handles material requests for turrets. If the construction completes before the materials for the turrets arrive it will actually cancel those orders, though it does still know that the station needs those materials because if you add another module it will order those materials again. I normally build the dock first and the module with the turrets on it 2nd and make sure all funds are given up front(it seems to order the required materials for the current module first if you don't have enough funds for all materials) and this has kept me from having issues with those missions any longer.
Orgrune wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 12:16
I have this issue and as far as I can tell everything on my factory is built and all specs are fulfilled. (I have a big enough plot, 3 times the needed turrets and twice the cargo space needed... I like to aim high)
However, since i didn't know the factory was supposed to be auto-gifted to the faction the quest was for (still ain't, will it? so many different responces to that) I just started manning the stations with a few curiers and a manager. Could this affect the outcome? Do I have to remove my own staff and build it from scratch again. By rotating it for example?
I don't think that will have any impact because whether I add extra or not(managers, modules, etc.) stations don't change ownership in my current playthrough. Hoping that station construction is on the list for this week personally, game seems pretty stable since I haven't had a single crash since 1.3, so maybe QoL stuff will get added for the week.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 10:14

There are several fixes in the station-building mission in 2.0 (not yet released);
the station will now actually be transferred to the faction you are building it for, rewards are higher and it should better detect when turrets were built. Also should ask for much more varied stations.

El Novato
x4

Post by El Novato » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 10:38

rboerdijk wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 10:14
There are several fixes in the station-building mission in 2.0 (not yet released);
the station will now actually be transferred to the faction you are building it for, rewards are higher and it should better detect when turrets were built. Also should ask for much more varied stations.
Would it transfer the old stations built for faction missions or will we have to keep it and the transfered stations will be from 2.0 onwards ?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”