1.30 - Argon vs Xenon quest chain bugged - Devs need saves for these issues

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PaxMagellanic
x4

1.30 - Argon vs Xenon quest chain bugged - Devs need saves for these issues

Post by PaxMagellanic » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:44

Title: Argon vs Xenon chain bugged after 1st mission
Description: After talking with Argon Representative and killing the Xenon ship in Argon Prime, the quest failed to trigger the next step - to talk with the representative again. At the moment missing all Guild Mission Offer entries related to the Argon vs Xenon quest chain.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Talk with the Argon Representative on the ARG Argon Shipyard
2. Accept quest
3. Undock and kill the Xenon ship in Argon Prime.

Notes:
1. The xenon ship was not moving and not firing.

Attached:
1. Save game - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zei9fh3qzpi4x ... ml.gz?dl=0
2. DxDiag - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rg6zi4a2z0b4 ... g.txt?dl=0

DarkSideMaster1
x4

Re: 1.30 - Argon vs Xenon quest chain bugged

Post by DarkSideMaster1 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 20:02

It is correct. Xenon ship just freeze in space

Breet
x4

Post by Breet » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 23:12

The Xenon ship was frozen for me also (assumed it was a semi 'training' mission as it was trivial)

Yet further on in the chain is broken for me.
Part 3 (I believe) Construction Wares Needed
Deliver: 3495 Adv. Electronics
Deliver: 1 Drone Components
Delver: Construction Wares to our stations in: Hatikvah's Choice III
Deliver: Weapon Components (0/1066)

Never seen any buy orders (filters applied also to check, system mapped out) for weapon components.
Mission was started before 1.20

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj9sxfbuwrqfq ... ml.gz?dl=0
Dxdiag: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k9tq1p1025eg ... g.txt?dl=0

Garie
x4

Post by Garie » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 23:26

I didn't even get as far as the offer to go get the Xenon N, She said I'll have some work for you shortly and then nothing. The only options which doesnt do any either if I talk to her again is to ask "I want this to end" or something along those lines

Zarjazz
x4

Post by Zarjazz » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 02:21

Garie wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 23:26
I didn't even get as far as the offer to go get the Xenon N, She said I'll have some work for you shortly and then nothing. The only options which doesnt do any either if I talk to her again is to ask "I want this to end" or something along those lines
I had that too. It seems like sometimes the initial test mission gets interrupted so it doesn't create the Xenon ship and nothing appears in your mission list. The only way I could fix this was to edit my save file as I didn't realise it was broken at the time until I got other guild missions from other factions so had no other saves to revert back to. This is what I did to fix:

Search for the line like this (or whatever Guild group it is for)

Code: Select all

<cue id="218482" name="ARG_VS_XENON" state="complete" time="0">
A few lines below that should say:

<value name="$IntroMissionSuccessful" type="integer">
change to:

<value name="$IntroMissionSuccessful" type="integer" value="1"/>
Re-compress and load the save. Talked to the representative again and I now had the option to say "I've completed the mission" and everything carries on as normal after that.

mrc0de
x4

Post by mrc0de » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 06:22

Mine is different.

I got the destroy the frozen ship quest, which I did...

Then it starts a chain that says to go and blow up a xenon P, I find one, I toast it and hightail it back to base.

Then it says I got 1 hour to board this ARGON BEHEMOTH in Xenon territory. Fine.

Hard af... but I managed it, you really gotta cripple that sucker, lost two of my best ships but his 15 turrets where no match for my Minotaur w/ 2 plasmas on the front (and 4 turrets on sides).

My first set of marines gets smoked before I realized there are more turrets firing... I call up a new ship and bring 3 more marines... They wont eject pod until I teleport to it and slap the captain.

Those 3 marines get smoked, I send the captain fumdux back for more, same drill again, like 12 minutes left on the mission, I cap promote a crew member to captain and it's mission complete.

But wait, there's one more mission in this chain... omg 2 more 'board specific ship' and 2 hours to get er done...

Funny thing is... it's for the same ship... my new behemoth.

I board it, unboard, leave sector, come back, reboard (teleporting) but I cant really 'board' with marines again can I?

I've flown my crippled behemoth back to argon prime and the timers about to expire... I wont be too angry unless that ship vanishes when the time runs down (I think I was paid 3x for the mission anyway).

Even if I need to start the chain over, it's gonna be a lot easier with a behemoth. (650k to repair :( )

PreSpawn
x4

Post by PreSpawn » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 09:59

I have the excact same problem, after the first mission(kill Xenon M) the mission-chain stalls. Will this be adressed in the coming updates or should we fix it ourselves, like described above by Zarjazz?
More importandly will we get ***modifed*** when we do? Where is the modified tag anyhow, again in the text-stats at the bottom?
X2: Ace of Aces 2nd - Advanced Mogul
X3: Overlord - Master Industrialist
XTM: Battlemaster - Manufacturer
X3TC: Hero - Capitalist
X3AP: Battlemaster - Manufacturer (146 Stunden)
XR: (108 Stunden)
X4: (224 Stunden) (https://www.twitch.tv/andimech)

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 11:48

Breet wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 23:12
The Xenon ship was frozen for me also (assumed it was a semi 'training' mission as it was trivial)

Yet further on in the chain is broken for me.
Part 3 (I believe) Construction Wares Needed
Deliver: 3495 Adv. Electronics
Deliver: 1 Drone Components
Delver: Construction Wares to our stations in: Hatikvah's Choice III
Deliver: Weapon Components (0/1066)

Never seen any buy orders (filters applied also to check, system mapped out) for weapon components.
Mission was started before 1.20

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj9sxfbuwrqfq ... ml.gz?dl=0
Dxdiag: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k9tq1p1025eg ... g.txt?dl=0
It is probably caused by the general stalling of the universe due to lack of wars. There's an identical problem with most of the delivery missions (like Xeons threatening our food supply or similar). All stations are full on resources and refuse to buy anything from you, so you can't complete the quest. I never had any problems with those missions in the first 2-3 hours of gameplay when the galaxy was still developing and everyone required everything. It should somewhat fix itself with the war fix we're all eagerly awaiting.

Developers probably assumed, that with their expected resource usage across the galaxy there should be no problems with delivering anything anywhere, especially in such homeopathic ammounts, so they never bothered to include a check if the stations in the system are actually willing to buy the stuff you're required to provide.

Garie
x4

Post by Garie » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 22:49

Zarjazz wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 02:21
Garie wrote:
I had that too. It seems like sometimes the initial test mission gets interrupted so it doesn't create the Xenon ship and nothing appears in your mission list. The only way I could fix this was to edit my save file as I didn't realise it was broken at the time until I got other guild missions from other factions so had no other saves to revert back to. This is what I did to fix:

Search for the line like this (or whatever Guild group it is for)

<cue id="218482" name="ARG_VS_XENON" state="complete" time="0">
A few lines below that should say:

<value name="$IntroMissionSuccessful" type="integer">
change to:

<value name="$IntroMissionSuccessful" type="integer" value="1"/>
Re-compress and load the save. Talked to the representative again and I now had the option to say "I've completed the mission" and everything carries on as normal after that.
Thanks Zarjazz. If finding the quest giver again doesnt just work then I'll give this a go

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 17:20

PaxMagellanic wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:44
Title: Argon vs Xenon chain bugged after 1st mission
Description: After talking with Argon Representative and killing the Xenon ship in Argon Prime, the quest failed to trigger the next step - to talk with the representative again. At the moment missing all Guild Mission Offer entries related to the Argon vs Xenon quest chain.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Talk with the Argon Representative on the ARG Argon Shipyard
2. Accept quest
3. Undock and kill the Xenon ship in Argon Prime.

Notes:
1. The xenon ship was not moving and not firing.

Attached:
1. Save game - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zei9fh3qzpi4x ... ml.gz?dl=0
2. DxDiag - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rg6zi4a2z0b4 ... g.txt?dl=0
I loaded the linked savegame,
- The Argon-Xenon war-mission isn't being offered at this moment, probably because you were in this sector "long" and it expired ( which is not a problem, it'll be offered again )
- You can get it back easily by flying to a different sector, for example Hatikvah's Choice I ( which borders on Xenon space)
- note if you fly there, you now are "too far" from Argon-vs-Holyorder space so that subscription will disappear (until you get back near holyorder space ).

So continueing from your savegame, fly straight ahead, into the highway (to the right) wait 'till you go through the gate, check the map/mission-offers and you will see the "Argon vs Xenon" war subscription appear.
Accept the mission ( briefing will show "Talk to: " not showing a name, we'll investigate this further). Either way, it will give you guidance to "Argon Solar Power Plant I" in "Hatikvah's choice III".
Fly there and dock at that station. This station has the "War room" for the "Argon vs Xenon" war, find a transporter room and tranport to the "War room". Talk to the person in there "Let's get started" and you get the mission to kill the stationary Xenon ship ( we might change this mission in the future, but currently it's intended to be an easy intro-mission ).
Undock, follow guidance, use travel-drive to speed things up, kill the ship, guidance instantly points you back to the station, so return there, to the war-room and talk to the person there, "I completed the task" and now look on the map/mission-offers again. The Argon-Xenon war-subscription is now unlocked and you can select a mission-group with some missions ( after accepting, the other missiongroups become temporarily unavailable, until you finish the missiongroup you accepted).
Garie wrote:
I would need a savegame (just before the moment where you talk to the npc and get the "I want this to end" dialog-option), so we can see what the exact state of the subscription-missions is.
Zarjazz wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 02:21
I'd like a savegame, preferably just before you accepted that mission to kill the Xenon ( if it reproducible doesn't spawn the ship ), so I can investigate why it isn't being spawned.
mrc0de wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 06:22
Funny thing is... it's for the same ship... my new behemoth.
I board it, unboard, leave sector, come back, reboard (teleporting) but I cant really 'board' with marines again can I?
This issue should be fixed in 1.60
PreSpawn wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 09:59
I have the excact same problem, after the first mission(kill Xenon M) the mission-chain stalls. Will this be adressed in the coming updates or should we fix it ourselves, like described above by Zarjazz?
More importandly will we get ***modifed*** when we do? Where is the modified tag anyhow, again in the text-stats at the bottom?
It always worked for me, so I'd like a savegame - and some steps which you do so it breaks - to reproduce this issue.

PreSpawn
x4

Post by PreSpawn » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 15:06

rboerdijk wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 17:20
PreSpawn wrote:
It always worked for me, so I'd like a savegame - and some steps which you do so it breaks - to reproduce this issue.
Thanks for the attention to my problem. "Unfortunately" :D it has already been adressed by Owen in another Thread.
It was fixed in 1.50: "• Fixes savegames with stalled guild missions.".
X2: Ace of Aces 2nd - Advanced Mogul
X3: Overlord - Master Industrialist
XTM: Battlemaster - Manufacturer
X3TC: Hero - Capitalist
X3AP: Battlemaster - Manufacturer (146 Stunden)
XR: (108 Stunden)
X4: (224 Stunden) (https://www.twitch.tv/andimech)

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 15:50

PreSpawn wrote:
Fri, 1. Feb 19, 15:06
rboerdijk wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 17:20
PreSpawn wrote:
Thanks for the attention to my problem. "Unfortunately" :D it has already been adressed by Owen in another Thread.
It was fixed in 1.50: "• Fixes savegames with stalled guild missions.".
Haha, sorry to hear that "unfortunately" it was fixed already :D More serious, thanks for reporting back so I know what issues to keep an eye on.
From the feedback of the others, it seems there are different issues still, so we'd still love to get more info on those cases!

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 1.30 - Argon vs Xenon quest chain bugged - Devs need saves for these issues

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 12:44

see also viewtopic.php?f=183&t=413592, this was fixed in the next 2.0 beta (not yet released).

BmB

Post by BmB » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 18:08

still bugged in 6.00

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 18:12

If you're seeing a problem in 6.00, then dredging up a 4 year old thread just because it mentions an apparently similar issue, even though it was clearly stated that was fixed back then, isn't helping you or anyone else. If you are having a problem now, then start a new thread and provide the information requested at the top of the forum, including a savegame.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”