[MISSING] 1.30 (323986) German - CollectorsEdition PreOrder-Features missing after Crash

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DMI-1407
x4

[MISSING] 1.30 (323986) German - CollectorsEdition PreOrder-Features missing after Crash

Post by DMI-1407 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:19

Hi Guys,

I will start with some informations, then i explain what happend before the problem i run into.
(if i speak about 2 Skins i mean the CollectorsEdition PreOrder bonus you get ingame)

I bought the game using the Shop from Egosoft, so not using Steam (if this is relevant in any case....).
I preorderd the CollectorsEdition, so i got 2 additional Skins for the Spaceships (the 2 Skins are the reason for this topic).

The Game has been started the first time on 2018.12.04 at 22:30, dunno which Version it was at this time.
The Game has not been modified.

I checked the Settings and that there is an online function, because of that i logged into my account on egosoft.com and registered the Game using the "Update via Steam" Button.
After that i started the game again and linked it to my account, then i tested the game, and also discoverd that i had 3 Skins for my Spaceship (the default, and the 2 additional ones...).
So it worked.

(by the way, i never played the game a long time, so i never saved my progress...)

After Update 1.30 (3230986) i started the game again to test and discover the game everything was fine (related to the 2 Skins),
then i quit the game and changed it to run as betaversion (1.31 beta 1) everything was fine there too.
I changed the Skin of my Ship to one of the 2 Skins, then the game crashed (i dunno the reason).
After restarting the Game the 2 Skins wasn't available anymore.
I changed the game back from the betaversion to the stable version and relinked (ingame logging out and logging in again) but the 2 Skins are still missing.

The following Topics descibing a similar problem (if not even the same):
Pre-Order Paint Mod
Unable to login Online Feature for X4

Greetings
DMI-1407

PS: Where is the attachment functionality ? :gruebel:
If somebody needs the dmp-reports or informations about my System i can provide dxdiag and msinfo32 them via PM.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [MISSING] 1.30 (323986) German - CollectorsEdition PreOrder-Features missing after Crash

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 19:49

It may be worth sending an e-mail to orders@egosoft.com describing your issue. However, I vaguely recall that the preorder bonus allowed you a certain number of skin paint mod ticket uses on your ships via the log-in function for your account and that if you have used them all then they will all be gone, regardless of game restarts. I could be wrong though so give the shop e-mail a try.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rasta4e4
x4

Re: [MISSING] 1.30 (323986) German - CollectorsEdition PreOrder-Features missing after Crash

Post by Rasta4e4 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 20:37

i started a new game right now and for me the paintings are gone too.
in my old game they are still there

DMI-1407
x4

Post by DMI-1407 » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 00:28

I've send a e-mail, i will wait for an reply. :|

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Post by Bernd » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 23:26

Hi guys,

sorry about the problems with this.
There is still a technical issue with the paint mods which usually happens once you load an older savegame from before the time you got the MODs. We are working on this and will hopefully have a solution soon.

THe other thing is: Yes they do have a limited number per save-chain if you will. So if you start over, you get them again. This is still a bit of an experiment but we want to establish this as a general ability to own rare things online.

More on this topic soon

-Bernd
---
-Bernd Lehahn, bernd@egosoft.com

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”