[BUG] 1.30 Auto trade for station

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Naalei
x4

[BUG] 1.30 Auto trade for station

Post by Naalei » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:25

Hello,

When I set an auto trader for my station, it only take a small part of the goods.

For ex, I made a solar panel and set auto trader.
It trade only for 120-150 cells at a time.

IMO, an auto trader for a station should take as much as possible of cells, and go through the whole universe to sell them.
So in its order, we should see
- Trade (buy max cells from station)
- Trade (sell 120 to station X)
- Trade (sell 240 to station Y)
- Trade (sell xxxx to station zzzz)
- Auto trade

GrafOrloff
x4

Re: [BUG] 1.30 Auto trade for station

Post by GrafOrloff » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 12:47

Naalei wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:25
an auto trader for a station should take as much as possible of cells, and go through the whole universe to sell them.
I wholeheartedly agree. The current state of things regarding AutoTrade for a station, using large ships is nothing but a design flaw and does not make any logical sense.

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 16:58

one of my traders took 7 ecells on a 4 sector journey, and then when he returns with this bigly profit, he then takes 100 ecells 5 sectors. and btw the station was in desperate need of other resources that he just ignores to make some pocket money.
the rest of the traders just sit in space nearby.
also the miners will only mine ice - the station needs silicon.
the large miner wont do anything.

another well made game from egosoft! Thanxs Guys!

gusglenn
x4

Post by gusglenn » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 20:38

Agree. This needs a fix ASAP. Such a disappointment when you spend hours building a plant and finally its time to reap the profits. What happens? Trade ships park in empty space and the station manager reserves the goods so you cant even buy it manually. Now my goods are just sitting there. Amazing! Fix this. It kills the fun in the game.
Really strange because this has been the same in every X game since the start. Want to see something like station manager in X3. The one you added as a scriptmod. THAT was a manager.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 21:02

Naalei wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:25
IMO, an auto trader for a station should take as much as possible of cells, and go through the whole universe to sell them.
So in its order, we should see
- Trade (buy max cells from station)
- Trade (sell 120 to station X)
- Trade (sell 240 to station Y)
- Trade (sell xxxx to station zzzz)
- Auto trade
i see your point. Caveat, though: the present logic allows your station-based trader to switch from selling product to buying resources in case your factory cannot produce because of a shortage in resources. Having the trader trade in this way increases the time between switching from selling to buying. Still, something to consider.
Storm666 wrote:the rest of the traders just sit in space nearby.
also the miners will only mine ice - the station needs silicon.
the large miner wont do anything.
Would you happen to have a save where this is already happening?

Naalei
x4

Post by Naalei » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:09

I would greatly appreciate to be able to set 2 traders to my station AND set 1 for buying goods, and the other to sell goods (like in X3 if I remember well !)
Currently, traders are completely useless to sell products as they only sell too few in a run (and you end up doing manual trading to sell your goods because they are just stacking in your storage...)

I know X4 is not X3, but X3 had a good trading system and this should be a solid base for X4 to start with.

gusglenn
x4

Post by gusglenn » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:13

This is still a bug. I checked and double checked. I have a Silicon Plant in Grand Exchange. It has a full stock of Silicon Wafers. 3 traders are circling it doing nothing. Since I have a pretty extensive Satellite network I had a look at where I could sell these wafers. Within 2 minutes I found a number of stations in several different systems who would buy at 329 credits. Several Microchip stations in Path to Profit for example.
The only way to do this right now is by chaining up commands, tell the traders to go to a station, sell wafers, return to my station. Then I come back after a while and queue them up again.
The demand is there, it's a faulty script. This may be why some people feel that the economy stagnates, if all the stations run the same script and can't seem to find where to sell at the highest price.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”