Crashes, BSD and Fix for that

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

crazyinside
x4

Crashes, BSD and Fix for that

Post by crazyinside » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 03:01

So recently I have been having insane amount of crashing, sometimes even blue screen of death (BSD or memory dumps). Never had a single crash with any game before, but this game really tested my patience - crashed like every 10-20mins. I have done a fresh reinstall to all my drivers, fiddled with registry, memory, reconfigured windows and nothing helped but one thing...
So if you're having same issues and updates don't help here is what help me:

- THIS GAME IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH OVERCLOCKING, if you ever fiddled with your RAM and CPU overclocking, then go down in to BIOS and reset them back to fo factory default. That's it now game runs 24 hours without a single crash.

Happy gaming!

philberto83uk
x4

Re: Crashes, BSD and Fix for that

Post by philberto83uk » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 11:53

Odd that because I've not had a BSOD or crash and my CPU is over clocked from 4.2 to 4.8 Ghz you sure there isn't a problem with your rig?

crazyinside
x4

Post by crazyinside » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:46

Yeah absolutely sure, I play games like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, State of Decay 2, Empyrion, 7 Days to Die and etc. All set on full and did not have a single crash on them.
I even did a full clean driver install and that did not help.
The only thing that helped reseting CPU and RAM clock speed to default in BIOS. It could be because of the way game uses multithreading.

Nicolas_Yad
x4

Post by Nicolas_Yad » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:15

Well, on your rig it overclocking might be causing crashes, but it'not on everyones.
I'm running a I7 3770k at 4,5 Ghz and never have had a single crash with X4.
So yeah oc is an instability factor but not forbidden with X4.

lionroot
x4

Post by lionroot » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:28

My case is the opposite, I was not having any crash until I removed the slightly overclock I made to the cpu and ram due to high temps. Now I got crashes every 10 to 20 minutes of playing or while saving.
Not sure if it was the update, but after 1.20 I can't play the game. :(

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”