BUG 1.5 Ships not obeying their default response

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

Re: BUG 1.5 Ships not obeying their default response

Post by pref » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 23:45

Actually this ship never asks me what to do. Just tells me that the cargo has been dropped.
Sad story...

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 00:16

I set global options to escape, that ship still drops its cargo every time.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 00:24

Another save, the same ship (WLAT Tern Sentinel, DEI-383) this time with global setting on escape dropping its cargo on police scan.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 16:37

Don't know what has changed, but now not even the manual traders ask me what to do any more, they just tell me they dropped their cargo - nothing i can do about this, it makes trading drugs a frustration, hours and hours spent on building up the station, training the pilots, setting up everything and it's in vain.

On top of that the captains keep loosing skills, so soon i will end up with a bunch of morons who can't even execute the trade scripts.
Ridiculous.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 21:44

This issue also causes the pilots to loose all morale points over time (as they loose some after each time they disobey the escape order due to the bug in the game), inevitably resulting in having to dump the pilot which is really painful considering the game lacks any functionality which would allow making up for the loss apart from buying ships one after another until one gets a suitable captain.

Since then i kept buying ships until i got a 3* piloting, 4* morale npc and sent him to do these drug trades.
He already lost 2 stars in morale, and i will have to just vent him as well soon - as they never gain any stars in morale just loose it, their overall skill will drop below 3* at which point they will become useless in trade.

I think uploading more saves make no sense, if i had to check this i would increase the chance for interdiction to 100% for the test duration in the relevant AIscript.

1. fix the bug with ignoring the global/their own individual setting for police interdiction
2. make it so that either they don't loose morale, or they gain as much as they can loose on every successful illegal trade because the current logic is not thought through well and causes any smugglers to become a coward pretty quickly though this activity should have the opposite effect.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”