v1.60 330622 Station money transfer popups won't go away

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZonedOut
x4

v1.60 330622 Station money transfer popups won't go away

Post by ZonedOut » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 05:39

The rather annoying messages from the station managers about money transfers are really becoming a nuisance. When I leave my system running unattended for a while (i.e. grab some food or watch some tv) - I'm occasionally finding that there's a video popup (station manager) in the lower right hand corner that won't go away. Previously simply sitting in the captain's chair on any ship (or standing and sitting back down) would resolve this issue. However, I now have one which has rendered me incapable of using the wasd keys to move (I can still teleport and otherwise interact with the game). More amusingly I tried to reset the graphics settings to default (thinking it would force a redraw) and got stuck with this:

https://i.imgur.com/xt8bQPo.jpg

Additionally the save option is greyed out. I'm going to re-enable autosave wait a while and hope it can function. In fairness the whole game has been rather quirky today. If the autouploader is working you should have two dumps from ctds earlier in the day.

If you would like dxdiags, the last previous save, etc. - let me know.

sintri
x4

Re: v1.60 330622 Station money transfer popups won't go away

Post by sintri » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 06:54

lol

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 11:22

Please supply a vanilla save that shows or leads up to the issue. It may tie in and assist with another set of circumstances where a 'sticky' NPC portrait disables saving and which the devs are currently investigating.

@ sintri: That's not a very helpful post for Tech Sp purposes!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 13:12

Disclaimer: I'm running beta, but the build number is the same at the moment so should be no difference as I understand it.

There are several different issues (either bugs or behaviour as intended) at work here and some are very difficult to reproduce reliably.

In the screenshot provided it seems like it's a message from station assigned traders (or manager) and at least some of those result in a video feed in the lower right corner of the screen. Why are these shown at all? In the save game provided below similar notifications occur from time to time.

Worth noting is that the video feed in the screenshot is distorted. I recommend to Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam.

If we are discussing actual auto-transfers from station account (as the title suggests), I lucked out and saved a game just two minutes before the following problem manifests:
  1. 14:29 A surplus of 50,058,006 Credits if transferred by Lenerd Mellerd (manager at PCA Engine Parts)
  2. 14:30 Another transfer of 10,798 Credits
While not leading to the problem described above, it demonstrates a couple of problems
  1. A video feed is shown in lower right corner with the option of pressing F
  2. A video feed is shown in lower right corner for a much shorter time without the option of pressing F
Why is any of these shown? The staton has about 8M expected operating budget and station account set to 100M (which the auto transfers update it to perfectly.) However, there is no need to discuss the budget or disrupt my attention with something that's essentially not very interesting (or at least not very important).

Why are two transfers triggered within a minute of each other?

I have a theory about several video feed notifications triggering at the same time, leading to the specific problem of UI described by the OP. This problem does occur in my save game every now and then but I have not invested much time in trying to reproduce it reliably. For now I use the workaround of /reloadui another thread.

sintri
x4

Post by sintri » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 20:38

Ran into this in 1.60 before the hotfix, have had no events in 24 hours or so of mostly afking since though this may just be because the money transfer comm events are severely reduced. Wasn't 100% reproducible in 1.6 before the hotfix, likely isn't anywhere near reproducible after. Mine seemed to be related to the station module completion freezes, so I suppose you could try triggering a comm right before the freeze. On a side note seems there are a few work arounds, according to that thread /reloadui, and switching from windowed back to full (generally alt+enter) should work, also personally pretty sure quicksave button (F5) also still works and F9 to quickload. The comm message for funds transfer is pretty pointless anyways, at the very least there should be a toggle option to turn them off.
Last edited by sintri on Sun, 3. Feb 19, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

[Sentinel]
x4

Post by [Sentinel] » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 20:53

sintri wrote:
Sun, 3. Feb 19, 20:38
Ran into this in 1.60 before the hotfix, have no had any events in 24 hours or so of mostly afking since though this may just be because the money transfer comm events are severely reduced. Wasn't 100% reproducible in 1.6 before the hotfix, likely isn't anywhere near reproducible after. Mine seemed to be related to the station module completion freezes, so I suppose you could try triggering a comm right before the freeze. On a side note seems there are a few work arounds, according to that thread /reloadui, and switching from windowed back to full (generally alt+enter) should work, also personally pretty sure quicksave button (F5) also still works and F9 to quickload. The comm message for funds transfer is pretty pointless anyways, at the very least there should be a toggle option to turn them off.
F9 does work, F5 does not. I had this issue three times today. The second time, the game began to trolling me and only showed an animated chair after the first "/reloadui". It took 5 "/reloadui" commands to get rid of it (it could be, that it didn't work the 4 times, because I was in pause, but it did all the other times). The game was runnning smoothly about 12 hours without reloading and the first apearance was about 5 to 6 hours into the session.

THEGO90
x4

Post by THEGO90 » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 21:48

teleport to another ship and its done....^^

ZonedOut
x4

Post by ZonedOut » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 22:52

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 3. Feb 19, 11:22
Please supply a vanilla save that shows or leads up to the issue. It may tie in and assist with another set of circumstances where a 'sticky' NPC portrait disables saving and which the devs are currently investigating.
I had just finished building a defense station in Faulty Logic I. I made this save, parked the ship (the one I'm on when the game is loaded) at the HOP warf and teleported to a remote station (to be out of the way). I then left to go eat, came back ~1hr later and found the stuck video dialog.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0kte112wto2b ... ml.gz?dl=0

Dxdiags for the system:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0fkftjqxopoe ... g.txt?dl=0

@peteran - I did verify the gamefiles, they're fine. Again, the distorted video only happened after I reset the graphics via the settings menu. And thanks for the reminding me about /reloadui, I haven't used that since back in the early days of Rebirth. I'll certainly give it try next time though.

[Sentinel]
x4

Post by [Sentinel] » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 22:56

THEGO90 wrote:
Sun, 3. Feb 19, 21:48
teleport to another ship and its done....^^
no

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 03:02

I keep getting this as well, pretty unpredictable though. Happens around once an hour. Have a save where it happened maybe 20 mins later, not on SETA because it doesn't work any more with all the new comms interrupts. Unmodified 1.60HF1.

dxdiag
vulkaninfo
save

When it happens you're royally screwed, haven't found a way to fix it yet. Teleporting doesn't help, nor does reloadui.

Bit irritating to have a fresh bug introduced with 1.6 that seems to reliably crop up at inopportune moments and break the game, all because we have immersive hyperverbose managers or traders spouting entirely pointless dialogue for flavour - arguably these would best be removed entirely and just be silently filed in the log.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 05:30

Archaeosis wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 03:02
I keep getting this as well, pretty unpredictable though. Happens around once an hour. Have a save where it happened maybe 20 mins later, not on SETA because it doesn't work any more with all the new comms interrupts. Unmodified 1.60HF1.

dxdiag
vulkaninfo
save

When it happens you're royally screwed, haven't found a way to fix it yet. Teleporting doesn't help, nor does reloadui.

Bit irritating to have a fresh bug introduced with 1.6 that seems to reliably crop up at inopportune moments and break the game, all because we have immersive hyperverbose managers or traders spouting entirely pointless dialogue for flavour - arguably these would best be removed entirely and just be silently filed in the log.
The reloadui has worked for me although it often requires several attempts.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 15:15

I tried it a few times, but I'll try it a few more the next time this happens - thanks for the heads-up.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 16:09

Archaeosis wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 15:15
I tried it a few times, but I'll try it a few more the next time this happens - thanks for the heads-up.
As an example, today when I got home from work, the game was "stuck" so I paused the game and did the reloadui once and then let a number of queued comm requests (with the F to communnicate) pass by. After that I could save the game as usual.

Urik Valkyer
x4

Post by Urik Valkyer » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 21:25

I am having these issues as well... and it is really really really getting on my last nerves. the only thing I have found that works, is to go into settings and reset all defaults. This Workaround only gives you 20 minutes or so before the entire game just says nope to all your command inputs.

ZonedOut
x4

Post by ZonedOut » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 21:48

The good news - /reloadui works. Yes, it is necessary to use it multiple times depending on how many messages are queued up.
The bad news - this is still happening with the 2.0 Betas.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”