Joystick mapping

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eagle
x4

Joystick mapping

Post by Eagle » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 13:28

I usually have this issue with every new game that comes out but remapping the joystick on X4 is a nightmare. When I start the game, pitch up/down and roll right don't respond at all. Twist left is fire. Throttle does nothing. Surely this can't be the game's default?...

I've played a round a little with the settings but I'm utterly lost - it's not intuitive at all. Joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3DPro. Is there a settings file I can download to at least get me in the right ballpark?

8)

peteran
x4

Re: Joystick mapping

Post by peteran » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 13:51

Eagle wrote:
Sat, 9. Feb 19, 13:28
I usually have this issue with every new game that comes out but remapping the joystick on X4 is a nightmare. When I start the game, pitch up/down and roll right don't respond at all. Twist left is fire. Throttle does nothing. Surely this can't be the game's default?...

I've played a round a little with the settings but I'm utterly lost - it's not intuitive at all. Joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3DPro. Is there a settings file I can download to at least get me in the right ballpark?

8)
While I haven't played much at all on my joystick, I followed the Joystick in game options in X4: Foundations - Known Issues with possible workarounds and then mapped most things as I wanted them. There are a couple of profiles to load in game, but none for yours.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 13:56

There's also a comment in another thread that may be useful.
dsilverthorn13 wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 19:00
Download and use Logitech's Gaming Software, you can find this at their website, just search for joystick name. Once running, you can program the hat. You can also setup sensitivity and more importantly set the range fore the joystick's axis. This will make the ships more controllable. But leave it running and on screen or it may not work during game.
I set my hat up for views in the cockpit by setting them to number pad.
I set my axis' ranges to 75%.

Eagle
x4

Post by Eagle » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 20:40

Thanks so far. I’m slowly dragging my way through remapping.

Latest issues are:

1) Unable to map the hat switch to look around while in the cockpit.

2) Unable to change sensitivity of the throttle. Docking is an absolute nightmare.

Any ideas?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 21:07

1. Is known and with a possible workaround here - already mentioned by peteran above.

2. If you mean the throttle is always stuck at max, see the Problems and Workarounds Sticky also mentioned by peteran above.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Eagle
x4

Post by Eagle » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 22:42

Thanks. I have the Logitech software running but all the configure options are greyed out. :?

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 02:26

Eagle wrote:
Sat, 9. Feb 19, 22:42
Thanks. I have the Logitech software running but all the configure options are greyed out. :?
A google search for "Logitech Gaming Software greyed out" and looking at the answers from community.logitech.com doesn't give any specific results with the joystick, but the following may help.
Doesn't sound like the following two since it sounds like you get the software to run, but including the links anyway You can also search the Logitech community forum or even ask your question there.

If you can't tell, I'm flying blind since I don't own the joystick myself. :lol: I am thinking about getting it since my last one served me well for many years.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”