Wireless mouse issues not responding?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CorporalX
x4

Wireless mouse issues not responding?

Post by CorporalX » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 05:02

I am currently using a Logitech MK 700/710 keyboard with a Logitech M705 Mouse combo. I have noticed that in game the mouse at times does not respond to left click , right click and movement. This is especially noticeable when designing stations in the plan build menu. OS I am using is windows 10 I have installed the latest sharepoint driver. This is the only game that I have noticed it in. Has anyone else experienced behaviour like this with wireless keyboards and mice?

I have a backup corded mouse and these issues do not appear when I use that mouse. That was how I diagnosed the problem in the first place.

peteran
x4

Re: Wireless mouse issues not responding?

Post by peteran » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 10:18

While I do not have a wireless mouse, I experience missed clicks in map and when building stations. What I've found helps me is to pause the game before doing any precision work.

Since you have tried a corded mouse and don't experience the same behaviour, you may want to take a look at the Logitech Community Forums and searching e.g. "mouse intermittent".

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Wireless mouse issues not responding?

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 14:49

I cannot find much in the way of similar reports out there, just this really old X3 one.

Some things I would check or tweak just in case: check the batteries in mouse and keyboard are fully charged, and tweak the button repeat rate and sensitivity for the mouse and see if anything changes for better or worse. Oh, and make sure that your mouse mat is clean!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”