Skins not displayed correctly in redesign screen.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xcaliber
x4

Skins not displayed correctly in redesign screen.

Post by Xcaliber » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 21:56

1.60 When I change the paint job on a L/XL ship using the modding bench or redesign screen it looks totally different when I fly out to see the ship. It's fine for the S/M size ships but doesn't appear to scale correctly on the larger ships. :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Skins not displayed correctly in redesign screen.

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 22:00

Known and reported before.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xcaliber
x4

Post by Xcaliber » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 22:04

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 22:00
Known and reported before.
Sorry, looked but coudn't find anything. Is there a list of known bugs we could reference?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 22:10

I wish there were, but unfortunately not without open access to the devs' database. The old forum collapse shortly after game release rather made a local issue tracking system impossible. (Also there are so many different forums to check - private beta, public beta, Tech Sp and main X4 forum - plus Steam/GOG equivalents.)

It rather depends on collective memory and luck with Google Search at the moment. The good news is that many issues have been fixed in updates too.

mr.WHO
x4

[1.60] Incorrect preview of paint mod

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 21:50

In menu where you can select ship paint mod, many paint mods for XL, L and possibly M size ships are displayed incorrectly.

Here is example - Argon Collossus with Foundation X paint mod.

This is how it looks in paint preview:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1656552666

And this is how it looks in reality:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1656552742

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 17:57

Hello,
Looking at 3.0 beta footage, I noticed that in Shipyard screen, ship models are rendered in better quality and with landing pads.

Does it mean that, possibly someone fixed the rendering of pain mods for capital ship in 3.0?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 19:07

Some ships' landing pad visibility issues were indeed fixed in 3.0 beta 1:

* Fixed landing gear not being visible on Nodan and Quasar.

(PS: "pain mods" - that sounds about right. :D )

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 19:37

No, no. I mean that in 2.6 when you go to sipyard menu and select for example Collossus or cerberus - in place of landing pads there was a huge hole (landing lad was not rendered).
Now looking at 3.0 videos in YT I see that landing pads (not the landing gear) are rendered.

That's why I wonder it maybe in the same time Paint mod discrepancy between redesign menu and actual render paint has been fixed?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 20:39

Ah right, where you land and not what you might land with. My mistake.

I don't believe there is any mention of such changes or fixes in the 3.0 changelog.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 20:47

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 4. Feb 20, 19:37
No, no. I mean that in 2.6 when you go to sipyard menu and select for example Collossus or cerberus - in place of landing pads there was a huge hole (landing lad was not rendered).
Now looking at 3.0 videos in YT I see that landing pads (not the landing gear) are rendered.

That's why I wonder it maybe in the same time Paint mod discrepancy between redesign menu and actual render paint has been fixed?
Landing Pads = Docking pads :P

About the paint mod, yes, in 3.0 was fixed, in the redesign screen appears as in "real model".

But say me, How is that you have this high quantity of the Foundation X paint mod? I'm "only" have 50. I know that the guys that pre-ordered the game, get the Oblivion paint mod, and also know of the contest that Egosoft make in this forum allowing the users to win 10 units of the Worm God paint Mod (I'm one of the lucky guys), but don't about getting more that 50 Foundation X paint mods.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 22:08

Pesanur wrote:
Tue, 4. Feb 20, 20:47
But say me, How is that you have this high quantity of the Foundation X paint mod? I'm "only" have 50. I know that the guys that pre-ordered the game, get the Oblivion paint mod, and also know of the contest that Egosoft make in this forum allowing the users to win 10 units of the Worm God paint Mod (I'm one of the lucky guys), but don't about getting more that 50 Foundation X paint mods.
Dunno, I first logged and registered Collector Edition on release day when everything was still unstable. First I didn't see any collector edition paint mods and then out of nowhere i got 150 of Foundation X :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”