Unable to start X4 correctly

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KILLogic

Unable to start X4 correctly

Post by KILLogic » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 21:41

Since 1.60Beta I am unable to start X4 correctly. The game starts up and the main menu shows up with the continue option focused. Only... no keyboard and mouse input is accepted. Worse Alt-tab is also not listened to so the only option is starting a task manager using Ctrl-Alt-Del. the task manager does not show up but at that point Alt-tab is working and you can close off X4 from the alt-tab screen.

Note that the problem is one of chance. It goes wrong 8/10 times. So when I want to play it takes a ot of patience to finally be able to start the game and be able to play.

Is this a known bug and/or is there some fix or work around?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Unable to start X4 correctly

Post by CBJ » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 22:29

I've moved this to the Tech Support forum for you. No, it's not a known issue with the game, so you will need to provide information such as a DXDiag and vulkaninfo file (see the sticky thread at the top of the forum this thread has been moved to) to help people work out what has gone wrong for you.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Unable to start X4 correctly

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 14:09

If from Steam, have you verified the X4 gamefiles cache since the last update? Is your game modded? (BTW the current beta is 2.00 Beta 2 and not 1.60.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”