Unable to manually trade with build storage. (Also, ware transfer.) - Fix in a future build

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Berserk Knight
x4

Unable to manually trade with build storage. (Also, ware transfer.) - Fix in a future build

Post by Berserk Knight » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 02:15

To save time, sometimes I manually fly my ship to buy the build supplies needed, and dock on the build storage, but the trade button is inactive and I have to get my co-pilot to conduct the actual trade because of it.

At "ui/addons/ego_detailmonitor/menu_docked.lua", line 234, the "cantrade" variable (which is later used to determine if the trade button should be active or not) is set only if you're docked at a station.
Adding build storages to the condition check would fix this.
Current : local cantrade = C.IsComponentClass(menu.currentcontainer, "station") and isdock
New : local cantrade = (C.IsComponentClass(menu.currentcontainer, "station") or C.IsComponentClass(menu.currentcontainer, "buildstorage")) and isdock

Also, looking at the comments in the file regarding the lack of the manual "transfer wares" command, it looks like you guys were trying to do both trade and ware transfer with one button but then were not able to decide how it should function.
(This is what I understood from the comment in line 869.)
There's plenty of button slots (and you can always add more rows if you run out of buttons), so just separate them into 2 different buttons.
Seriously, if there's a potential situation where you'd want to choose between the two, it's the player that should be deciding which one to use.

Berserk Knight
x4

Re: Unable to manually trade with build storage. (Also, ware transfer.)

Post by Berserk Knight » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 20:00

Also found that attempting to initiate ware transfer by simply creating a button for it in the ship interaction menu doesn't work.

Source of the problem is "ui/addons/ego_detailmonitor/menu_map.lua", line 3876, where a previously undeclared variable (which is nil) "wareexchange" is put into "menu.contextMenuData.wareexchange" which makes it effectively false, and thus it's always a "trade" instead of a "ware transfer" no matter the parameters you set when calling the function.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Unable to manually trade with build storage. (Also, ware transfer.)

Post by florianlt » Thu, 28. Mar 19, 14:06

Fixed in an upcoming version, probably 2.50.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”