Linux Support (Beta)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Linux Support (Beta)

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 13:10

Kernel Panic wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 08:31
Had something really strange happen to me a few minutes ago... found that I was falling through the geometry of my ship into it's interior... my main ship it was somehow over 32000 km from the nearest jump gate...
Looks awfully similar to this.

Kernel Panic
x3tc

Post by Kernel Panic » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 17:20

It does sound similar.

Another odd thing happened a while ago. When my ship came back to known space (well, it was always in Silent Witness 1, but it was way far off the map) it increased the size of the sector according to the map. On my galaxy map Silent Witness 1 is now about 4000 km across by my best guess. I thought "OK, I can live with that I guess." and then after playing for a bit more some of my mining ships around the HQ went out of bounds in Grand Exchange 1 & 2 while looking for ore. Now those sectors have doubled in size.

I have screen shots, but I can't attach to them to forum threads. I'll have to look into some kind of image host that doesn't want to invade my privacy just to host a few screenies.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 17:43

Kernel Panic wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 17:20
It does sound similar.
Yeah, I just encountered the issue myself.
...On my galaxy map Silent Witness 1 is now about 4000 km across by my best guess... I thought "OK, I can live with that I guess." and then after playing for a bit more some of my mining ships around the HQ went out of bounds in Grand Exchange 1 & 2 while looking for ore. Now those sectors have doubled in size.
That map scaling is an issue that's been there from the start, it's not specific to Linux. There still hasn't been a word from the devs on how they're going to handle it, if at all.
I'll have to look into some kind of image host that doesn't want to invade my privacy just to host a few screenies.
For no fuss no buzz temporary hosting of images try pasteall.

Ernie.
xr

Post by Ernie. » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 20:35

Is anyone else having issues leveling up pilots? I have made several attempts at giving them tasks in the hope they will improve, but I've yet to see any improvement what so ever. I've tried auto mining, auto trading, dock at and fly to. I had a zero star pilot perform 12 fly to commands exploring a sector (while I was on-board the ship), and no improvement was seen.

I have never played this game on Windows, so I can't do a comparison. However, I have noticed that other say the level up is a bit slow on Windows, but the impression I have is that it does occur.

Does anyone have any suggestions or helpful insight about this?

TehFreek

Post by TehFreek » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 20:41

Ernie. wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 20:35
Is anyone else having issues leveling up pilots? I have made several attempts at giving them tasks in the hope they will improve, but I've yet to see any improvement what so ever. I've tried auto mining, auto trading, dock at and fly to. I had a zero star pilot perform 12 fly to commands exploring a sector (while I was on-board the ship), and no improvement was seen.
It does seem to go up, but veeery slowly, probably on the order of 2 days or more of automining per star.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 21:32

In my experience, Piloting seems to go up the most when they're fighting with player present nearby. Management slowly increases from trading (either manually-ordered or automatic), but of course faster from managing a station. The rest... I don't know.

BerndHohmann

Post by BerndHohmann » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 01:28

Now I'm a victim of the "stupid joystick syndrome" too. I guess its a kernel problem (why ever...).

Updated from Kernel 4.4.0-13something to 4.4.0.143. Had some troubles with VirtualBox

Now all the digi-switches jstest-gtk identifies as "Analog" don't work ingame - but they are identified properly by the setup.

Very strange ...

Bernd

Ernie.
xr

Post by Ernie. » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 02:25

radcapricorn wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 21:32
In my experience, Piloting seems to go up the most when they're fighting with player present nearby. Management slowly increases from trading (either manually-ordered or automatic), but of course faster from managing a station. The rest... I don't know.
Thanks! Fighting was a good tip. Flying around and ordering they to attack seems to increase the levels every so slowly.

_JD_
x4

Post by _JD_ » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 11:37

I'm experiencing 2 very annoying glitches (the last one makes the game unplayable and requires a restart).
If you are also experiencing them, could you please add a comment to the issue stating that and, if possible, also a save that can be used to reproduce the issue?
This is a video showing both the glitches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT0RKDbQbJk

andrewpc
x4

Post by andrewpc » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 23:01

Kernel Panic wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 08:31
Had something really strange happen to me a few minutes ago. I had just teleported from a new ship into my main vessel (a Cerberus) and was in the map doing some station building and ship movement. I noticed that the map kept switching focus to the lower left corner and that I had lost control of of it's movement. I left the map and found that I was falling through the geometry of my ship into it's interior. When I land I would be teleported back to the bridge and start falling again. I couldn't control my movement at all. I went back to the map and selected a another ship to teleport to from the property menu. After I teleported back to my main ship it was somehow over 32000 km from the nearest jump gate. :gruebel:

So I do not get use my main ship for several hours as it flies back to know space. I have a save game I could send, but I don't have any place online to store a 25MB file.
yes I reported this problem in the beta thread. Don't know if it is linux only. My teleport took many hours travelling back to normal space from out of this world

Kernel Panic
x3tc

Post by Kernel Panic » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 13:01

andrewpc wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 23:01
yes I reported this problem in the beta thread. Don't know if it is linux only. My teleport took many hours travelling back to normal space from out of this world
This might be affecting more than player ships: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=415723

_JD_
x4

Post by _JD_ » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 18:38

On 2.21b1 I'm experiencing an issue with the alt tab: after alt tabbing the screen isn't going fullscreen anymore: https://imgur.com/a/69vYiuj

This happens with both Display Mode "Fullscreen" and "Window borderless". I'm pretty sure this was not an issue on 2.20.

Once on this state, if you click something, the click would be mapped on the full screen coordinates and not on the new smaller windows (so, if you click on "Exit do Desktop" it won't work, you have to actually click a little higher or lower, don't remember, to actually press that entry).
Last edited by _JD_ on Mon, 25. Mar 19, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 18:46

_JD_ wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 18:38
On 2.21b1 I'm experiencing an issue with the alt tab: after alt tabbing the screen isn't going fullscreen anymore: https://imgur.com/a/69vYiuj

This happens with both Display Mode "Fullscreen" and "Window borderless". I'm pretty sure this was not an issue on 2.20.

Once on this state, if you click something, the click would be mapped on the full screen coordinates and not on the new smaller windows (so, if you click on "Exit do Desktop" it won't work, you have to actually click a little higher to actually press that entry).
I saw this on 2.20 and for me, I have to click lower than where the mouse is physically at.

_JD_
x4

Post by _JD_ » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 18:49

I said above because I tried to recall (it happened yesterday) but it can be that I had to click below...

BerndHohmann

Counting Problem

Post by BerndHohmann » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:26

Don't know if this is a Linux specific issue: X4 has a counting problem.

"Destroy 10 something" - success after killing 9 (Mission ends when the display shows "8 of 10" and switches to 9 after the next kill.

"Go scouting, set 10 race points" Ship flies over 9 points, there is a line on the map pointing to the 10th racepoiint but its never executed.

Same with automated scouting: area to scout is region "A" but the map shows a line to a different sector as endpoint (I guess its an invisible entry in the virtual job table).

Anyone else?

Bernd

Rastuasi
x4

Re: Counting Problem

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:37

BerndHohmann wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:26
Don't know if this is a Linux specific issue: X4 has a counting problem.

"Destroy 10 something" - success after killing 9 (Mission ends when the display shows "8 of 10" and switches to 9 after the next kill.

"Go scouting, set 10 race points" Ship flies over 9 points, there is a line on the map pointing to the 10th racepoiint but its never executed.

Same with automated scouting: area to scout is region "A" but the map shows a line to a different sector as endpoint (I guess its an invisible entry in the virtual job table).

Anyone else?

Bernd
I've seen this with repair missions, says to do two, but one will complete mission. Seen this on Windows YouTube videos as well.

_JD_
x4

Re: Counting Problem

Post by _JD_ » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:43

Rastuasi wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:37
I've seen this with repair missions, says to do two, but one will complete mission.
Same here.

D'Antrim
x4

Station Build Mission

Post by D'Antrim » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 22:16

Not checked the whole of this thread but started a new game in V2,
For a build mission in True Sight in V2.2 when delivering hull parts for a station build, using station traders. The hull parts are delivered by station traders, but don't show in the build storage and station build is now stuck waiting on hull parts.

Save games can be downloaded here.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/siqyfie3y1u01 ... ml.gz?dl=0
and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vrci3sgybklk ... ml.gz?dl=0

Fazmaster
x4

Post by Fazmaster » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 22:54

Don't know if it is related to the current build 2.21, but I experienced two crashes now just minutes into the game. First I was shooting a hostile civil ship near a station and while it dropped two cargos the game freezed. The other one (CTD) I was just accepting a food supply mission from the map screen while I was heading to player hq to check what stuff my venture ship bought. Nothing spectacular and it rarely crashed before. Anyone else with stability issues? How can I check what caused it?

BerndHohmann

Post by BerndHohmann » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 21:56

Fazmaster wrote:
Tue, 2. Apr 19, 22:54
Don't know if it is related to the current build 2.21, but I experienced two crashes now just minutes into the game.
Yes, the last 2 versions are much "crashier" than the versions before. Cannot see a pattern and cannot not reproduce.

Bernd

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”