2.2 Laser Towers registered as being docked on the boarded ships launching them - Fixed in a future build

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

2.2 Laser Towers registered as being docked on the boarded ships launching them - Fixed in a future build

Post by foxxbl » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 21:46

From 2.2 version I see the following behavior after boarding ships launching laser towers:

When I have a couple of such laser towers, I destroy them and issue solved.
But this starts to be really annoying.
Any way to get rid of them quickly ?

If necessary, I will upload the save, but I think it can be fairly easy reproduced.

photomankc

Re: 2.2 Laser Towers registered as being docked on the boarded ships launching them

Post by photomankc » Fri, 5. Apr 19, 15:42

How can they be destroyed? I've captured a couple of Paranid mining ships and I'm stuck with those too.

Mileron
x4

Re: 2.2 Laser Towers registered as being docked on the boarded ships launching them

Post by Mileron » Fri, 5. Apr 19, 16:57

I select them all in the Property list, then find the nearest Equipment Dock/Wharf/Shipyard and sell them.

They vanish from the ship within a minute or so.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 5. Apr 19, 20:33

This existed since 1.60, with screenshots I posted to discord as proof back then. It seems to be caused by disabling a victim ship's engines and getting it into a state that it tries to spam laser towers with more than 4 laser towers available. It will deploy the first 4 but any after that they end up stuck on pads since the deployed laser towers block them from tacking off (or force them to land? Not sure...).

Fortunately there is a work around to remove the laser towers. Simply use a S ship to fly up to them when on the pads, select them, order them to deactivate and then fly into them to collect them onto the S ship. S ships can even pick up mk2 laser towers like this, something they cannot normally fit. Any laser towers in internal storage can be summoned to pads by teleporting onto the ship and calling them to pads like any other S ship in internal storage. The process can be repeated until all docked Laser towers are collected.

The best solution would be that any laser tower on pads when going out of sector or that ends up in internal storage is instantly converted into Laser Tower deployables aboard the ship.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 7. Apr 19, 14:09

Mileron wrote:
Fri, 5. Apr 19, 16:57
I select them all in the Property list, then find the nearest Equipment Dock/Wharf/Shipyard and sell them.

This is so helpful, thanks a million for this workaround! Works like a charm!

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 14:19

This should be fixed with an upcoming beta of 2.50

(existing cases should be fixed as well as new ones prevented)
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 02:04

Mileron wrote:
Fri, 5. Apr 19, 16:57

Thanks! That was a big help!

cernac

Re: 2.2 Laser Towers registered as being docked on the boarded ships launching them - Fixed in a future build

Post by cernac » Fri, 7. Jun 19, 04:57

This is still happening in 2.5 when capping a capital mining ship the laser towers spawn in the hold and then when the ship is capped they destroy it from within. HOW ABOUT WE FIX THIS

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”