Station build mission still not finishing? [Not Defence Stations in 2.50 at least.]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LennStar
x4

Station build mission still not finishing? [Not Defence Stations in 2.50 at least.]

Post by LennStar » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 13:19

I thought that was fixed and made one of the missions. But the station is finished, I even put a manager on it, and still the missions does not register.

If anyone has a tip, here is the safe, the station you are nearby.
https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... ml.gz.html
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Station build mission still not finishing?

Post by CBJ » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 18:04

Please indicate your game version.

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 21:37

vanilla is at 2.21 but the mission might be from 2.20

It had a surprising high price for what you were expected to build, so maybe modules are not listed in the description?
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 03:36

Posting full details and screenshots of the mission and your current but not accepted solution to the mission would be useful. Currently people would have to load up the save game to see for themselves.

If it requires turrets or other surface elements I have run into issues with them refusing to build at times despite the storage having sufficient resources. I found personally flying near the station solve this as construction on the turrets began immediately and when completed the station changed ownership.

Additionally there might be strict but ambiguous requirements on the type of production modules installed for such station build missions. For example if it is asking for a Hull Parts production one should probably make sure the production module built is appropriate for the mission offering fraction which would mean that it uses Teladianium for TEL and MIN and Refined Metals for everyone else. I am uncertain if this is the case, but it would seem logical for it to be.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 22:36

Is the mission offered by a station or is a guild/war mission?

At least for me, in guild/war missions, is still bugged, but in station offered missions, it works as intended.

teccer

Post by teccer » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 17:22

if you build defense station, administrative center required now.

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 17:56

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 03:36
Posting full details and screenshots of the mission and your current but not accepted solution to the mission would be useful. Currently people would have to load up the save game to see for themselves.

If it requires turrets or other surface elements I have run into issues with them refusing to build at times despite the storage having sufficient resources. I found personally flying near the station solve this as construction on the turrets began immediately and when completed the station changed ownership.
It is hull parts, but for a PAR sector, and I use PAR bought plans only.
No turrets or shields.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 01:02

LennStar wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 17:56
It is hull parts, but for a PAR sector, and I use PAR bought plans only.
No turrets or shields.
Does it have sufficient container storage? Be careful of 400,000 (often asked for factory builds) vs 40,000 (asked for defence platforms). Also make sure it has a S/M dock, I recommend the standard cheapest dock.

Also make sure the plot is registered. In 2.21 this requires you to physically fly to the objective area (site of station), place the sufficiently sized plot down and purchase the plot licence while still inside the objective area. This should no longer be as strict in 2.50 although one will still have to purchase the plot licence for it to count. If the mission says something like "build station" then your plot counted, otherwise if it says "fly to area" or "claim plot" it did not an you will have to demolish the existing station and try again by claiming a new plot. Be careful of Y axis when claiming plots, some objective areas are not at 0 Y and so will require tilting the camera and dragging up/down to place appropriately.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 13:57

Hi there,

Have to bump this topic up again.

Version 2.50

Seemingly, missions still aren't updating. In older versions it worked if you just deconstruct an element of the station and then build it again. In 2.50 that workaround doesn't seem to work anymore.

I have built a number of defence stations according to requirements, placed a manager and still nothing. One of them I gave 25k storage even though it was not a requirement but that too did not help. At another one, I removed one of the defence platforms and rebuilt it - no luck either.

Has anybody found a workaround or are the requirements incomplete?

Thanks

cernac

Post by cernac » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 15:41

All the build quests, I have done. I have never been asked or have I assigned a manager...

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 16:38

Ya, might not be necessary, as I just finished an Engine Part factory with success without assigning a manager. The Defence Stations, however, are still in limbo. :(

EDIT: Hmm, after re-doing the load out, two or three have completed.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”