[2.21] Unclear Assemble Fleet mission requirement - Fix in 2.50

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

[2.21] Unclear Assemble Fleet mission requirement - Fix in 2.50

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 5. Apr 19, 07:26

This behaviour was observed by using the current stable branch at time of posting running an unmodified game with ventures enabled.

As part of the Argon Vs. Xenon guild missions I accepted a Heavy Construction Operation chain that involved an Assemble Fleet mission. The mission requires 1 Colossus Vanguard, 1 Behemoth Vanguard and 3 Cerberus Vanguards. Both the Colossus Vanguard and Behemoth Vanguard are straight forward, with a confirmation of the constructed Behemoth Vanguard being accepted as one of the a required ship. However the 3 Cerberus Vanguards are not so straight forward as they require a "Damage Mod" on them. I provided 3 which have a Pulse Laser Mk1 with a "Damage Mod" installed on it but the mission is not accepting them as valid.

The save file showing the issue...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0xh57fancwzb ... ave.xml.gz
This save file may be reuses for other bug reports unrelated to this specific issue.

The drop off zone is in Argon Prime. It contains the Behemoth Vanguard (accepted) and the 3 Cerberus Vanguards (not accepted). The Colossus is ordered for construction but was not finished at the time the save was made.

I am guessing that it wants a specific Damage Mod, since there are multiple to choose from when applying modifications to weapons. However since they are all called "Damage Mod" it is impossible to know which is the desired one. I will test this over the coming days by swapping out the "Damage Mod" for different ones to see if any allow the ships to be accepted for the mission.

If this is the cause then a reasonable solution would be to expand the names of the individual damage mods with extra descripts to fit their flavour. For example "Extreme Damage Mod" or "All-round Damage Mod", etc. This would remove any ambiguity with the requirements for the mission as long as the mission requirement text also uses these names.

EDIT: Can confirm the Cerberus Vanguards get accepted when one uses the low quality Damage Mod that adds just pure damage (no other properties).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [2.21] Unclear Assemble Fleet mission requirement.

Post by CBJ » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 10:46

The different equipment mods have been given different names in 2.50, so it should now be possible to see which mods you need.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [2.21] Unclear Assemble Fleet mission requirement - Fix in 2.50

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 00:02

Can confirm in 2.50 B2 that all modifications now have a unique name prefix.

However I can also confirm that this change is not retrospective. Missions accepted before the 2.50 update will still show the old generic name in their descriptions so still require trial and error by the player to solve. Any newly accepted missions after 2.50 goes live will show the new names in their descriptions so this only is an issue to existing saves.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”