[2.21] Bug - ship recovery missions spawn additional abandoned ships - Should be fixed in 2.50

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faustov
x4

[2.21] Bug - ship recovery missions spawn additional abandoned ships - Should be fixed in 2.50

Post by Faustov » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 13:25

Missions where the objective is to shoot mines so the ship can fly away always cause an extra ship surrounded with mines to be spawned in the same sector. That extra ship has no pilot or crew and is not owned by any faction, can be claimed.

Details:
Win 10 EN + Steam, latest updates
No mods

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [2.21] Bug - ship recovery missions spawn additional abandoned ships

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 20:41

As far as I am aware the ships you are referring to are unrelated to those missions you described.

They are spawned as part of the Antigone Republic and Teladi trade guild mission chains. In these missions you are instructed to fly to the ship, claim the ship and manually deliver it back to its owner within the time limit. Failing to deliver back causes a massive reputation loss. The problem is that these ships spawn when the missions are generated (not accepted) and so the player can claim them without accepting the mission and so keep them without any concern of reputation loss. They also do not seem to be removed when the missions expire, causing them to persist and start to clutter up sectors with mine fields and abandoned ships.

What should happen is that the ships spawn owned by either ANT or TEL and only turn neutral when the mission is accepted. If the mission is cancelled before ownership is claimed then they turn back to ANT or TEL for removal. If the mission expires the ships should be removed when the player is not nearby. In all cases the mines involved by the mission should be removed when the mission ends and the player is not nearby.

eddieg
x4

Post by eddieg » Wed, 10. Apr 19, 20:00

I might have seen this... and I took the three (!) ships... I just thought I Was lucky. It was an Elite and two Odysseus'? IIRC

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 19:00

One of the lines of the 2.50 changelog claims this is being solved.

On a side note, it would be nice if changelog management gets improved: bugs should get IDs, changelog line items should mention those IDs as fixes.

LennStar
x4

Re: [2.21] Bug - ship recovery missions spawn additional abandoned ships - Should be fixed in 2.50

Post by LennStar » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 21:40

Yeah, that spam spawn is really getting out of hands. I have atm 9 ships near my HQ to claim, but I don't bother, you can't keep up with the spamming anyway :roll:
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

SPiDER
x4

Re: [2.21] Bug - ship recovery missions spawn additional abandoned ships - Should be fixed in 2.50

Post by SPiDER » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:28

outfit a colosus ( or equivalent ) to wipe the mines out just drive through them....park by the gate claim each ship ..fly through the gate ...park up ( in my case 72 M class ships ) just be careful if you claim them yourself and then sell the ship without a captain you get left with an unfufilable mission ( I currently have one to supply an ARG Minotaur with a captain ) it followed after the sale.

Using a carrier class ship means that even when the RNG spawned 30 mines you get only 20-30% shield damage and over 5 sectors with the 120 ships claimed the only damage the carrier took was to one turret

Unfortunatley I also have a station built at one of the spawn points so they keep spawning at or in the middile of one my stations....if you stay OOS the mines are irrelevant however if you enter the sector ( as I Did ) your ships will cause the mines to explode..cost me several ships and station rebuild's

NB. I wonder if a carrier will be able to take out those faulty Logic mines???? ( they still kill you even if green )

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 03:08

SPiDER wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:28
outfit a colosus ( or equivalent ) to wipe the mines out just drive through them....park by the gate claim each ship ..fly through the gate ...park up ( in my case 72 M class ships ) just be careful if you claim them yourself and then sell the ship without a captain you get left with an unfufilable mission ( I currently have one to supply an ARG Minotaur with a captain ) it followed after the sale.

Using a carrier class ship means that even when the RNG spawned 30 mines you get only 20-30% shield damage and over 5 sectors with the 120 ships claimed the only damage the carrier took was to one turret

Unfortunatley I also have a station built at one of the spawn points so they keep spawning at or in the middile of one my stations....if you stay OOS the mines are irrelevant however if you enter the sector ( as I Did ) your ships will cause the mines to explode..cost me several ships and station rebuild's

NB. I wonder if a carrier will be able to take out those faulty Logic mines???? ( they still kill you even if green )
The mines should not be able to kill station modules due to their large hull. Especially if the station has repair drones any damage to the modules should be quickly fixed in case another spawns on them.

The Faulty Logic 7 mine fields are procedurally generated when the player enters a zone and despawn when they leave it. As such trying to clear them is futile.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 15:28

Not sure about the specifics of the fix in 2.50, but:

1. I have not taken more "extraction" missions
2. I ended up with a throve of abandoned ships in SW while mostly doing argon vs xenon missions https://imgur.com/JL9MeIb

What do with so many abandoned ships?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 16:08

@ Faustov: Is that still in release 2.21 or in the 2.50 beta 1?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 18:30

I didn't sign up for the betas. Should I leave it be and check on 2.50? Is it expected to clean them ships up?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 18:57

2.50 b1 changelog includes:

Fixed Rescue Ship mission potentially creating unowned ships which don't get cleaned up.

It is not yet clear if this will clean up existing ships and minefields from untaken missions once 2.50 is released. I'll post again if I find out for sure.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 20:06

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 17:06
The abandoned ships are gone, its safe to join guilds again. These new aux ships open up some new combat potential. Two aux cruisers with tracking turrets, filled with wares to make missiles/drones, docked transporters filled with the same, then load them with a ton of defense drones. They can spam missiles and drones for days and just rearm/resupply off each other.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 22:57

Thanks SPiDER if that really does refer to pre-existing mission abandoned ships as well as for new ones, now we need to find out about the old mission minefields.

EDIT: The devs confirm that currently 2.50 b1 does not clean up existing unwanted mission ships and minefields but it does prevent more from happening.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”