[v2.21 (341463)] Malfunctioning Resource Probes

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vectorial1024
x4

[v2.21 (341463)] Malfunctioning Resource Probes

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 11. Apr 19, 19:01

Resource probes does not show resource deposits correctly when placed in proximity of satellites.
  • Game version: v2.21 (341463)
This behavior may be observed following these steps:
  1. Obtain a ship. Obtain several resource probes and satellites.
  2. Fly to a resource deposit. I personally find Silent Witness 1 to be a good spot for demonstrating this bug.
  3. Notice, in the case of Silent Witness 1, that there should be gas deposits all throughout the sector.
  4. Place a satellite, then place a resource probe nearby. Wait for a while, and open the map.
  5. Notice that the resource probe does not show any tooltips at all.
  6. Fly out of the range of the satellite.
  7. Place a resource probe. Similarly, open the map.
  8. Notice that the resource probe correctly shows deposit amounts as intended.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [v2.21 (341463)] Malfunctioning Resource Probes

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 02:41

Have you confirmed that there are resources where the probe is? Eg can you order a miner to mine the expected gas/mineral at that location? Just because it shows as a resource field on the map does not necessarily mean that it contains any resources. Eighteen Billion is a good example of this since most of the resource field around the core of the sector is empty however the tail of the resource field about 200km+ from the core is full of high density resources.

Also note that there are 2 different logics when it comes to resource fields. The first is what the player sees which are procedurally generated asteroids and gas clouds. The other are the actual logical resources which miners use to mine from. These two often overlap the same areas, but not necessarily and it is completely possible for there to be tons of silicon asteroids visible to the player in an area which contains no silicon for miners to mine. Resource probes show logical resources, so one can get the silly situation where a resource probe is reporting no silicon while inside the gravity field of a silicon asteroid.

To some extent the long range sensor can be used to detect logical resource fields. When a ping generates a foggy nebula that means it has detected a logical resource field in that direction. The denser the nebula ping appears the higher the resource density of the field.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 08:58

I have reinstalled my game in version 2.0 and started a new game since I can also find the resource probes in some sectors no longer show what should be present and sometimes nothing show, that's with me since version 2.0

blin25

Post by blin25 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 17:57

Also, this error may be due to the fact that the resource field is located very far along the Z axis and the satellite does not know how to move along the Z axis, usually the satellite coordinate Z = 0.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”