[2.2] Engine Parts manufacturing using wrong materials - Resolved, WAI

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aramova
x4

[2.2] Engine Parts manufacturing using wrong materials - Resolved, WAI

Post by Aramova » Thu, 11. Apr 19, 21:20

After placing an Engine Parts factory it is calling for the use of Taladianium, Energy and Antimatter Cells. The encyclopedia says Refined Metals, Energy and Antimatter cells.

SPiDER
x4

Re: [2.2] Engine Parts manufacturing using wrong materials

Post by SPiDER » Thu, 11. Apr 19, 21:38

teladi engine part factory used teladianium.there is also teladi Hull part and teladi Scanning array and teladi advance composite all these use teladianium instead of refined metals..both are manufactured from ORE

Although not specificlly listed on the "Picture" of the factory's all four have on odd squareish symbol on the top right of the portrait and on the build list of the right of the build plan they are listed as Teladi Engine Part Factory rather than just Engine Part Factory..

It is a rather easy mistake to make..it could be clearer

If you have all three Medical Supply factory's you can see the different PAR and Tel symbols in the top right

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 11. Apr 19, 22:33

As SPiDER says, Teladi Stations use Teladianium instead of Refined Metals and Paranids use their metal equivalent. This goes forother products as well, like Nostrop Oil instead of Food Rations.

I accidentially made the same mistake at the beginning. I added a Teladianium Foundry to my station. Now when the Argon ask me to build a station for them I make sure they get outfitted with Teladi modules, since I am the only supplier of Teladianium in Argon space :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 02:50

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 19, 22:33
As SPiDER says, Teladi Stations use Teladianium instead of Refined Metals and Paranids use their metal equivalent. This goes forother products as well, like Nostrop Oil instead of Food Rations.

I accidentially made the same mistake at the beginning. I added a Teladianium Foundry to my station. Now when the Argon ask me to build a station for them I make sure they get outfitted with Teladi modules, since I am the only supplier of Teladianium in Argon space :D
Paranid and Argon both use Refined Metal. The only difference between the two are their food (soja beans, maja snails and soja husks vs wheat, meat and food rations) and illegal ware (maja dust vs space fuel).

Teladi are currently special in that they use Teladianium instead of Refined Metal on top of their own simpler food (sunrise flowers, nostop oil) and more complicated illegal ware (swamp plant, space weed).

All races have a unique medical supply factory using some of their food raw materials. However the resulting Medial Supplies are universally compatible so there is no issue with supplying Paranid with Argon medical supplies, etc.

Looking at the data it looks like Teladi might have been intended at some stage to have more complex chains or use other unique products, however one can only guess how that would have been.

Aramova
x4

Post by Aramova » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 19:34

Ah makes sense, thanks all! :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”