[2.21] Assemble fleet - not possible to complete

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faustov
x4

[2.21] Assemble fleet - not possible to complete

Post by Faustov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 18:27

In the Argon vs Xenon missions, I was tasked to build ships and then have them fly to a specified location. One time the location wasn't "flat" on the map and required flying "downwards" to the specified location. It wasn't possible to direct the ships to fly there. Depending on the view angle, the flight vector would end up pointing in the wrong place every time.

I know this is somewhat hard to explain - please let me know what clues would help...

Win 10 x64 + latest Steam, no mods.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [2.21] Assemble fleet - not possible to complete

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 03:23

Manually fly the ships to the objective area. It will not immediately count the ship you are currently flying but will count it the instant you are no longer flying it. This is best done after getting the teleport technology from the player headquarters since you can teleport off the ship when inside the objective area onto another ship or station far away so that the ship immediately counts.

There is no restriction to the player as far as Y coordinate deviation and so flying to the objective area should be a non-issue.

Faustov
x4

Re: [2.21] Assemble fleet - not possible to complete

Post by Faustov » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 11:15

I didn't try that but you are probably right about that.

The bug seems to be about object placement in 3d space. I noticed same issues when placing modules in build planning, but usually then the snap-in function saves me.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”