[v2.21 (341463)] Missing Actors Causes Mission Stagnation (Boundary Case)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vectorial1024
x4

[v2.21 (341463)] Missing Actors Causes Mission Stagnation (Boundary Case)

Post by Vectorial1024 » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 18:17

War effort "introduction" mission cannot be completed apparently because the actor is missing.

Diagnosis Info You can see that, in the working example, I can see an orange line guiding to the HAT HQ off the screen, but in the bugged example, there are no lines to guide me to any ARG station.

How I found the bug

Previously I decided to get some mods to spice up the game. The result was increased Xenon invasions and occasional pirate spawns.

I didn't take the "initiator" mission until late in the game because I was focusing on the rather fragile economy that my mod combination has resulted in. And when I finally took it, there was no guidance to lead me to the mission actor.

From my previous, unmodded runs I know that the ARG vs XEN "initiator" mission will be directing me to a ARG station in Hatikvah's Choice 3, where I will be speaking to a mission actor in the War Room. I then noticed that Hatikvah's Choice 3 is basically empty from all the battles and attrition and destruction.

So, my guess is that since the actor follows the station, when the station is killed, the actor is killed too, but then there was no replacement actor to be found, so now I have a mission that requires me to find someone that (probably) doesn't exist.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”