Station trader transport only a few items at at time to Player Wharf

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Niworan
x4

Station trader transport only a few items at at time to Player Wharf

Post by Niworan » Thu, 30. May 19, 19:32

Save is at Version 2.5, Vanilla and ~200h ingame. I've build one Factory for every product in the production chain to supply my own wharf (at PHQ).

No, the wharf creates normal trade orders from 1k-150k per good, but every transport ship that carries the goods to the wharf only transports 20 good max, sometimes "even" 200.
This sucks so hard, bc it takes forever to build even a s-ship that way... I checked every Station, every good is available at almost maximum ammount.

For example, my Engine Part factory has a storage of 50k Engine Parts, but every station trader that delivers them to the PHQ only buy and sell 1-5 per trip.

Does anyone here have the same problem and/or know how to fix that ?
"We need new marines, please get some at the next wharf... Take the Superhighway to be there in time, Captain."
- "Sure, sir, no Problem!"
*Captain died of old age after flying for 50 years on Superhighway*

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Station trader transport only a few items at at time to Player Wharf

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 31. May 19, 13:52

The symptoms describe sound like your station traders are clogged up with wares they cannot get rid of. Possibly the result of play done in versions before 2.50 where there was a bug which would cause station subordinates to make nonsense and unrelated trades. For example shipyard trade subordinates of mine were going off to buy spacefuel, refined metal and soja husks all of which have nothing to do with the shipyard they worked for and some were even trading them as if they were independent traders. This bug is fixed in 2.50 so should no longer occur, however the fix does not make the ships automatically unload all the unrelated wares they are still holding. The solution if this is the case is to manually go inspect every trade subordinate and empty the ships, by dropping into space, of the unrelated wares they are holding on to.

I would strongly suggest posting your save for someone to look at and poke around at. If there is a bug at work it will be needed by the developers to debug.

Niworan
x4

Post by Niworan » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 00:56

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is not the case... All Freighters (except for one with 5 "wrong" food rations on board) are empty... The Problem also occur with new build ships that are assigned to the Stations... Even L-size cargo ships do the same shi... thing.

I temporally restricted all stations trade for other factions to have more ships bring goods to the wharf but the highest count I got was 2k energy cells ... I really don't get it :gruebel:
"We need new marines, please get some at the next wharf... Take the Superhighway to be there in time, Captain."

Slapi
x4

Post by Slapi » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 12:03

I experience the same issue with selling wares by station subordinates. They pick up 7, 11 sometimes 20 pieces of something. I checked customer station quantity and there is much higher demand. Furthermore sometimes I see more than 1 ship selling the same small amount of ware to the same customer station.

Next issue is why subordinate can handle only one ware a time and many of them is assigned to the same ware?

Similar problem is with subordinate miners, they mine the same type of raw materials, doesn't matter how many I assign, it,'s not logical especially when more than one is on shortage.

I see the only option in my universe to return to micromanagement :-(

language
x4

Post by language » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 12:07

nah, micromanagement is not the only option..... there are other options too, which would unfortunately disable ventures though. :/

But from what I know, the buy offers matter, check on the map with trade filter enabled (to show buy/sell offers) and see how many units your station wants to sell and how many units the npc station wants to buy, if your ship does not fill its cargo regardless of higher amounts of the offers, then make a bug report.

the purpose of it are reservations, if a npc ship creates a trade with your station picking up 100 units, they get reserved for the ship, then your ship can only pick up what remains after subtracting those 100 units, and if the npc ship is slow and needs forever to reach your station, the 100 units are reserved forever.

Niworan
x4

Post by Niworan » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 13:45

That could explain the trading issues with other factions... But the wharf is a player station (PHQ) and has a high demand of these goods. High buy offer on one station and a very high sell offer on my factories should trigger heavy cargo ship traffic between those two, shouldn't it ? I still can't find a solution.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 20:56

AI is still just really hit and miss - see viewtopic.php?f=192&t=416928&start=15

Ego know about the issues so more bug reports aren't going to help, but it doesn't seem like a high priority for fixes at the moment.

You're better off just modding the game than trying to get the broken AI working.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 10:29

Niworan please supply the save game where this is happening as well as a brief description as to where it is happening (the names of the player owned stations). Not only would this let other people look for possible causes, but if there is found to be a bug it could be used by the developers to debug the issue.

To supply a save one can use a free cloud service like a free DropBox account and upload the save to that. One can then share the file by making a public link to it and posting the public link. In a few months or years you can delete the file from the service.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”