Free Repairs Exploits?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Free Repairs Exploits?

Post by Scoob » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 19:39

Hey all,

So, I've noticed this before but think I can re-create it now. Basically, here's what I just did...

I captured a Minotaur Raider from the SCA. As you'd imagine it was quite badly damaged. I flow it to a nearby station, hired a captain and sent it to an Equipment Dock for outfitting.

Once it arrived I fitted it with different Engines, added some shields, weapons, turrets, software and crew as well as sell off the deployables it had on board. I then looked at the Repair Tab to see how much it'd cost to repair, before deciding not to bother. I then added the order to the queue and confirm the repairs could proceed.

However, upon my ship being done upgrading, it'd also been fully repaired. I suspect just looking at the repair tab is enough to action the repairs - without actually ordering it. I don't know 100% if the repairs were free, just that they weren't added to the actions I requested.

Secondly, and this is another old issue, quite often when attacking M-Class ships to get them to bail, the crew manages to do some repairs. This is all well and good, however the ship continues to repair its self long after all the crew have bailed. With just me on board, the Minotaur Raider went from 20% hull to over 50% by the time I'd docked.

So, one method of seemingly FULL free repairs and one of partial repairs without Crew.

Scoob.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Free Repairs Exploits?

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 22:36

For the latter part - yep, it is how it is, at the moment.

For the former part - can't say, but will try to test that.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”