[2.50] Fleets jumping around

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

XGamer
x4

[2.50] Fleets jumping around

Post by XGamer » Tue, 4. Jun 19, 23:40

I noticed that sometimes (and quite frequently recently) entire fleets (or large parts of them) seem to jump around rather large distances.
Wing of about 50 ships located within radar range of the gate, a few minutes later is located several hundred kilometers away in an unexplored part of the sector, without the path towards the new location being revealed.

Said Wing still had the same move order, yet the Wing was not moving at all and is just parked at the location it got warped to (apparently).

Few days ago, I actually had part of a Wing end up at the other side of the Galaxy. Not sure how they got there instead of doing the protect order the wing had. They might have warped there, not entirely sure though since I wasn't paying close attention and it could've been enough time I didn't look at them to arrive there regularly. Regardless when the Wing was ordered to a location a sector away from the majority of the Wings location to deal with a Xenon Incursion, all the ships that were already close by, went through the sector they were ordered to to meet up with their Wing leader across the Galaxy before then backtracking the entire way to the ordered location. Not very productive or efficient.

Same goes for Fighters that are sent ahead to the destination (by their commander? or just because the game doesn't keep them with their commander in the first place), then actually perform the protect position order killing everything (or dying trying to) in range. However as soon as their Leader enters the sector, they will drop everything, cross the entire sector to get close to their leader, only to wait close to the gate their leader entered through and hang around there until the leader has reached the target position in the sector to then head back to the position they just left...
X:BtF: 7/10 | X2: 8/10 | X3:R/TC/AP: 8/10 | X:R: 3/10 | X4: 0/10 (3 points for split ships and stations, 4.0 -> -50 points).
If you are raising pirate activity, give me meaningful ways to deal with them PERMANENTLY. Better things to do than replacing ships every 10 minutes, or babysitting ships getting harassed.
Stopped playing X4 with 4.0 due to outrageous, needless and pointless nerfs to everything. Don't change what wasn't broken in the first place.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [2.50] Fleets jumping around

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 5. Jun 19, 06:31

The observed behaviour happens when a wing goes into high attention. The game appears to displace wings to an empty area of space so that to the player it looks like the wing is in formation. However the distance displaced can be quite silly, such as several hundred kilometres and nowhere near where the fleet used to be.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”