Falling through floor of ships - recreation steps

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Falling through floor of ships - recreation steps

Post by Scoob » Thu, 6. Jun 19, 22:36

Hey all,

I know this one has been talked about, but I've found a fairly reliable method to re-create this bug - at least, it does so for me.

Basically, be on any ship, be it as the Pilot or just standing on it. Then go to the Map screen and select External View on another ship - I've specifically tested with my ships, but I have had it occur on non-owned ships too. Once you've done that, sit and watch in external view for a few minute - a few being at least three in my testing. After some time, press F1 to return to first person, if sitting in pilot seat get up, and you should start falling.

I've been testing this and it's fairly reliable for me, but not 100% guaranteed. I'd hope that trying these steps a few times - while the game is being logged / monitored by the Devs - would help get to the bottom of this.

Example: I just captured a ship, boarded it and flew towards one of my stations...pursued by a Xenon fighter. I saw my defence ships go after the Xenon, so I stopped in space and watched my lead Corvette using External view. After a few minutes, my ships killed the Xenon, so I went back to first person (F1) and got out of my seat, planning to do some repairs before landing...and I got stuck in a falling loop.

Edit: FYI, another "fix" that sorta works is to pause when you're falling but looking at the seat. I can usually activate the seat and get back in it. However, I fall again the moment I exit it.

Final note: I'd been playing a long-ish (hour+) session when I discovered this reliable recreation method.

Cheers,

Scoob.

cernac

Re: Falling through floor of ships - recreation steps

Post by cernac » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 19:15

If you save once your back in the seat, then exit and restart the game you can continue again

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”