Odd drifting issue with Mouse / Joystick - Resolved by Gamepad Mode 'Off'

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Odd drifting issue with Mouse / Joystick - Resolved by Gamepad Mode 'Off'

Post by Scoob » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 18:29

Hey all,

So, I got a cheap stick to play X4 with. After some weird driver issues, it's working fine now, except for one thing...

When I'm using the stick the dead zone is perfect, with no movement when the stick is centred, yet it's still nicely responsive to movement. However, if I move the mouse, my ship then starts to drift in whatever direction I last pushed the stick in. Here's what I mean:

- Sat in cockpit, Yaw left and centre the stick.
- All movement stops, as you'd expect.
- Grab the mouse and move it, ships starts to yaw slowly left.
- Grab stick, move it and release, ship centred perfectly.
- Pull up on stick and release, ship self centres fine.
- Grab mouse and move it, ships slowly pulls up.

Note that mouse steering is of course disabled when doing this plus the direction I move the mouse makes no difference.

This does NOT appear to be a dead zone thing, as the stick works perfectly. Only when moving the mouse does this drift start.

Has anyone else experienced this? My ship moving every time I want to use the mouse isn't really acceptable.

This doesn't appear to be linked to any rogue input from the stick. Indeed, I can fully remove the stick and the drifting remains, but I am unable to stop it. Rather unplayable sadly. Hopefully someone knows a solution for this. I last used a stick with Rebirth, and didn't have such issues switching between stick and mouse as needed.

Edit: it seems that selecting "Gamepad Mode: off" fixes this issue. Annoyingly that's the FIRST thing I did, but the setting wouldn't stick for some reason. Still, at least it's working now.

Scoob.

James Spartan
x4

Re: Odd drifting issue with Mouse / Joystick - Resolved by Gamepad Mode 'Off'

Post by James Spartan » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 21:03

I noticed the same problem. It's sad the gamepad mode doesn't work when using a Hotas, because when gamepad mode is on, it makes the mouse cursor disappear when using the Hotas. And I find this cool. Unfortunately we have to set it off...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”