Saved Game Time Stamps wrong

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Saved Game Time Stamps wrong

Post by Scoob » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 01:01

Hey all,

So, I just noticed something odd with the details on a Saved Game.

I've been playing for a couple of hours this evening, well, perhaps more than a couple, and I've been saving regularly in a new slot each time. Just this moment I finally cycled around to the game slot I loaded this evening and over wrote it. However, not before I noticed that the timestamp (as in time played) on this several hours older save, was only showing that it was just a few minutes older in terms of game time.

Basically, as an example imagine this. I saved my game just now and the time stamp in the name said I'd been playing for two 2d 02h 14min - so, Two Days, Two Hours and fourteen minutes. However, my save from an hour before says I've been playing 2d 02h 17min - there's more play time on that older save!

To add to this, both the Save name shows the WRONG sector information, where the save description is correct. All this eve, I've been in Heretics end capturing SCA ships. However, my Saves are all named wrong! One says "Black Hole Sun IV", Six of them say "Black Hole Sun V", two say "Grand Exchange III" and one says "Grand Exchange IV" yet ALL of these saves took place in Heretics End. I've been there since last night.

Basically, save data is a bit screwed up. The game names are wrong, showing the wrong Sector. The save description shows the right Sector, but has the time played value VERY wrong at times.

As an aside, I NEVER trust the game to automatically load my most recent save from the main menu. No, I always manually pick the latest save as the game has sometimes loaded a much older save when loading directly from the menu. Perhaps this is a cause of the problem, with a much older save showing I have more play time?

Can anyone else confirm this anomaly?

Scoob.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Saved Game Time Stamps wrong

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 11:24

Can you please upload saves that demonstrate the various issues you describe and give the links here? That should help the devs to identify the source of the confusion. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 14:09

The names have been "wrong" ever since manual save naming was introduced: game now reuses old name instead of generating new one. Haven't seen a problem with times though.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 01:44

Yes, the names being wrong has been around for a while. I only just noticed the game time issue last night though.

Last night, I kept on saving in a new slot each time and saw the description text frequently showing incorrect times. I.e. my latest save showing *less* time played than the prior save. However, having launched the game this evening, the time played timestamp in the description is now going up sequentially. Basically, I think the game got very confused last night and was perhaps showing an older value for that particular save slot somehow. Restarting the game fully - I've not played since last night - now shows each slot reporting fine.

Is it possible the game was somehow buffering the timestamp from a prior save into those slots? I think I went through all slots at least once yesterday evening, and some slots twice. I can't really explain it, other than the game seems to show the timestamp values correctly after a restart. Sector name in the save name is still wrong, though correct in description of course.

Not a huge issue, but a very confusing one during my somewhat longer play session last night. I could see what was my latest save by the real-time time stamp in the save name, but the time played value contradicted what was my most recent save.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”