Ships undock after being given Upgrade orders

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Ships undock after being given Upgrade orders

Post by Scoob » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 02:53

Hey all,

So, this is an old bug that appears to have come back in 2.5 - but only for L-Class ships for me...so far at least.

Basically, I order my Odysseus to Dock at a shipyard and wait until it's done so. I then order some upgrades - just more Crew, Drones and Flares. I look at the ship later, to see if it's done and it's flying *away* from the dock - suggesting it's done - however the current order is no longer"Change Equipment", that's moved down to order three in the queue, two new orders have been inserted at the start of the queue, namely "Dock" and "Dock and Wait" but the ship is flying away from the station.

This doesn't happen all the time - I've upgraded this ship fine a couple of times - yet it's now stuck in this state and shows no signs of returning to the dock, despite that being its current order. I've tried cancelling the upgrade when this has happened in the past, and that seemed to work, but I got no refund.

I'm going to sit and watch for a bit to see if the ship recovers its self.

To be clear, ship was ALREADY docked when the upgrade orders were given. The upgrades then appeared to start, but when I looked back a few minutes later the upgrades had suddenly not started after all, the ship had undocked then added two new orders to the start of the queue.

I've been sat here several minutes while typing this, and the ship hasn't moved at all, still being some distance from the station.

Any ideas what's going on?

Edit: I tried this again, having cleared the orders - I *did* get a refund this time - and the ship once again undocked the second the upgrade orders were confirmed. However, this time the ship INSTANTLY gained all upgrades - which were supposed to take five minutes -and added a "Dock" and "Dock and Wait" order to the queue...somewhat pointlessly as the upgrade are done

Scoob.

furirkeeper
x4

Re: Ships undock after being given Upgrade orders

Post by furirkeeper » Sat, 22. Jun 19, 17:43

I noticed this too.
Can it be that when first ordered to dock it docks at a pier. And when ordered to upgrade it needs to move to a build dock?
That would be my guess.

But for me I think it always eventually dock again.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 13:09

furirkeeper wrote:
Sat, 22. Jun 19, 17:43
I noticed this too.
Can it be that when first ordered to dock it docks at a pier. And when ordered to upgrade it needs to move to a build dock?
That would be my guess.

But for me I think it always eventually dock again.
Yes, I've seen that happen too, but there are inconsistencies here. For example, the ship might undock and redock, but appear to continue to upgrade during the process. Ship will look like it's finished upgrading, but it won't be upon closer inspection. Or, like in my example above, it'll simply undock - one assumes to dock again at the proper dock type - but never actually dock again.

S and M-Class ships were doing this for a while, but that bug seems to be generally fixed now. I do still have instances of ships undocking to obey phantom orders - i.e. orders the game has added, not me - I guess that's a separate issue.

Scoob.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 27. Jun 19, 14:30

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 15. Jun 19, 02:53
To be clear, ship was ALREADY docked when the upgrade orders were given. The upgrades then appeared to start, but when I looked back a few minutes later the upgrades had suddenly not started after all, the ship had undocked then added two new orders to the start of the queue.
Was the ship docked at the build cage of the station?

Also, would you happen to have a save where the ship is stuck?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 27. Jun 19, 15:50

j.harshaw wrote:
Thu, 27. Jun 19, 14:30
I've reported something similar way back, with a save. With no reaction from you guys. That save is now gone. Just saying.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 27. Jun 19, 16:49

j.harshaw wrote:
Thu, 27. Jun 19, 14:30
Was the ship docked at the build cage of the station?

Sorry, I can't remember now. Though I have seen ships dock at a "normal" dock, then undock and head for a build cage when asked to upgrade. I assume it depends on the exact upgrades ordered. Save has since been overwritten. I've now moved to playing a modified game, so my saves are likely not so useful if I experience the issue again.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”