[BUG] Impossible to set up multikey bind on pad

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Perkel
x4

[BUG] Impossible to set up multikey bind on pad

Post by Perkel » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:56

Ok got back into X4 recently after i played for a bit 1.0 and i noticed that you can't properly do multibind on pad. Nothing changed since release.

In current control scheme you basically don't have enough buttons of X360pad. (i am using PS4pad and emulate it as x360 one). So in game like X3 i just bind docking to Start + D-Pad Down. Want to check your property ? Just Start + Select.

But i can't do that in X4.

Secondly game doesn't allow for "hold" type of actions. I don't want to have Missiles under button. I want to have rockets under "hold R1" and then with release missile flies off. This gives me window of error where i won't accidentally release torpedo toward my own base or allied ships. Naturally since multikey binding doesn't work i can't do multikeybinding with hold action too.

Where this stuff will be fixed ? I found it weird that you nailed it with X3 which effectively made whole game easy as butter to play on pad but dropped ball a lot with X4 where playing game with pad is pain due to lack of buttons.

Third. I mentioned i have PS4pad and i use DS4Windows to emulate it as X360 pad. Since PS4 pad has additional buttons i bind them to Keyboard keys like [ ] | which gives me 3 extra buttons for stuff no ? Wrong. For some weird reason game doesn't allow any action other than standard pad buttons recognized by game. It seems like game has some sort of "controller" mode which disallows any other kind of input from same device other than officially recognized.

Any ETA on fix ?

edit:

You can easily see how Elite Dangerous does that and your own X3 game.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”