Mouse Cursor Invisible? - Workaround

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

peteran
x4

Mouse Cursor Invisible? - Workaround

Post by peteran » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 16:57

I had a slight problem coming back after a hiatus during which I had activated the "Display pointer trails" option in windows. As it says in known problems and workarounds:
"If your mouse cursor is invisible in the game, please check that you have disabled the options "Hide pointer while typing" and "Display pointer trails". Under Windows you find them in the Control Panel under Mouse -> Pointer Options."
Is there any good reason for this "bug" or is it just bad programming?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Mouse Cursor Invisible?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 17:30

That's a question phrased much along the lines of 'Have you stopped beating your wife yet?' So you limit the options to either an intentional bug, or bad programming. Hmm. :wink:

What is the version and mod state of your game, have you tried any of the workarounds and did they work? Do you still have an issue?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

peteran
x4

Re: Mouse Cursor Invisible?

Post by peteran » Tue, 30. Jul 19, 23:25

I followed the recommentation to turn off "Display pointer trails" in mouse settings in windows and everything worked as expected in the game. I was running a clean install with no mods at the time. I don't understand why that setting affects the game in the way it does, but apparently it does.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”