Found a bug! My ship wasn't prepared for ludicrous speed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Found a bug! My ship wasn't prepared for ludicrous speed

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 31. Jul 19, 04:35

I'm not 100% sure how this happened. All I can tell you is what I was doing at the time.

I was in Pious Mists IV in a Nemesis Sentinel with mk3 paranid combat engines, no modifications to the ship. I was swapping between travel and long range scan mode and suddenly I began accelerating out of control while in LR scan mode. I was tipping up and down a little bit at the time as well. I reached over 100kps before I decided I better stop and turn around or i would never see the ship again any time soon. I did take a screenshot mid acceleration. The acceleration was exponential.

Not using any mods in the game.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1581 ... s8cC5K.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Found a bug! My ship wasn't prepared for ludicrous speed

Post by linolafett » Wed, 31. Jul 19, 17:56

Thanks for the report!
Is there a way for you to reliably reproduce this effect?
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 31. Jul 19, 20:50

Coincidentally, while roaming through the forum preparing to submit an unrelated bug report, I found that one of my save files can demonstrate the effect quite well.

I will link to the actual save file some time later, when I submit the actual bug report.

A bit of info on my save file:
I was riding on my personal fighter (piloted by a hired NPC) from Hativah's Choice 1 to Second Contact 7, to dock at one of the stations there. (I like to dock at random stations and then manage my stations and stuff so I won't get attacked while AFK-ing in space.) An auto-save occurred (I think) while I entered Argon Prime.

As I entered Second Contact 2, I immediately noticed that I was glitching through the floor. (The game kept resetting me to the floor level, but then, I kept glitching through.) I quickly halted my fighter by the "Remove All Orders" command, and by taking control and setting guidance to my factory in Argon Prime, I found that I had been banished away from civilization, now somewhere ~34000 KM away from the highway ring.

An improvement from the 100,000,000 KM banishments in X Rebirth, but still a bug. ***sarcasm intended***
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 31. Jul 19, 21:26

linolafett wrote:
Wed, 31. Jul 19, 17:56
Thanks for the report!
Is there a way for you to reliably reproduce this effect?
tbh I haven't really tried but I will do so tonight and see what I can come up with.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 1. Aug 19, 00:31

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Wed, 31. Jul 19, 20:50
I don't think this is quite the same as what Vertigo 7 is reporting: in his case, the ship was accelerating out of control, in your case - teleporting way away and player falling through floor.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 1. Aug 19, 16:56

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 31. Jul 19, 04:35
I was in Pious Mists IV in a Nemesis Sentinel with mk3 paranid combat engines, no modifications to the ship. I was swapping between travel and long range scan mode and suddenly I began accelerating out of control while in LR scan mode. I was tipping up and down a little bit at the time as well. I reached over 100kps before I decided I better stop and turn around or i would never see the ship again any time soon. I did take a screenshot mid acceleration. The acceleration was exponential.
I have tried to reproduce this using several ships (not a Nemesis Sentinel) and different locations. Can you please try recreating this situation with the same ship in roughly the same position of the same sector? This is to determine if it is ship or location specific rather than being spontaneous and hard to reproduce but still possible with any ship and location.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Tue, 6. Aug 19, 15:03

Ah, it's been a while. Forgot about this. Whoops.

The bug I was originally gonna report was a false alarm, but still, Imma post the buggy savefile here.

And I gotta clarify on the details.

I was riding from Second Contact 7 to Argon Prime for the Argon licensing matters. An auto-save occurred when I enter Second Contact 2. The game gave me a path to the highway ring (which will cause my fighter to collide with the SC2-True Sight gate).

Then as soon as the fighter hit the gate, it started glitching just like I described up there.

I used a total of I think 5 in-game hours to fly the damn fighter back to civilization, and looked up on Reddit on how to fix the broken zoom, so in the end everything is fine.

The file is here: https://github.com/Vectorial1024/Shared ... _01.xml.gz

I was using a lot of mods, but they all shouldn't be related.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”