Large Mineral Miner Issues - Needed mining drones.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheMentor
x4

Large Mineral Miner Issues - Needed mining drones.

Post by TheMentor » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 17:01

So I recently purchased 3 Magnetar Mineral Vanguards, I have been having some big issues with. I have tried setting these miners to 'Mine for' my station with proper storage modules, they automatically go to 'Patrol' and do not mine. Setting them to Advanced Automine OR Automine another strange issues occur. In their Actions list, they get an action to 'Mine at location' and in 1 second it disappears, then it gets another 'mine at location' somewhere else, after a second it disappears, it keeps adding a new mine action at a new location and then suddenly it gets removed, flashing constantly and the miner never mines anything. If I set to 'sector automine' the same thing happens. If I tell the specific ship to Mine>Silicone here, it will go to the location and once it arrives it will say waiting for order. None of these ships have mined anything yet. :( any ideas?

Version - 2.50(347849)
Lang - English
No mods or scripts, ever.
First play, Dec. 15 2018

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1paHN0 ... ACRmLSLcsS -DxDiag
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nv9PE ... 57AM6B4xfs -vulkaninfo

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: [BUG] Large Mineral Miner Issues

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 17:47

did you remember to buy mining drones? capital miners can't collect ore otherwise. And they also need the mining turret as well. the default turret behavior should be set to mine, I would check that to make sure it is. The rest can be on whatever.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

TheMentor
x4

Re: [BUG] Large Mineral Miner Issues

Post by TheMentor » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 18:32

Ahhhhh..... It does have a mining laser, but I did not supply any mining drones. I am gonna give that a try and see what happens. Thank you! Boy am I gonna feel stupid if that's the problem.

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Large Mineral Miner Issues - Needed mining drones.

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 18:59

eh, don't sweat it. it's an easy oversight.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

TheMentor
x4

Post by TheMentor » Tue, 6. Aug 19, 14:34

Well...... I went to add mining drones to the ships, but they are hanging out of the equip depot with pending dock&wait, change equip actions.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 6. Aug 19, 17:03

the station could be out of materials. if you go to add another repair/upgrade order, the materials its short will show in the list. can be tricky to get it moving depending on how much it's short and your queue position. may be easier to cancel the orders for the ship and try a different station.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”