2.50 BUG - Account jumped up to 1.7 trillion credits during trying to set the "Available money for construction" field

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jm7111
x4

2.50 BUG - Account jumped up to 1.7 trillion credits during trying to set the "Available money for construction" field

Post by jm7111 » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 16:36

2.50 English
Vanilla game, started with ver. 2.50, playing for ~ 480 hrs

My current account at that time was around 400+ mil when trying in Plan Build to match the "estimated price to buy all resources" (around 3,150 Cr) by manually setting (not using the slider) the said suggested amount into the "Available money for construction" field and hitting "confirm".
The Plan Build was one of a mission requesting to build a Military Base with a reward of 5,250,000 (or a similar mission a bit earlier - I had 3 missions of the same nature at that time as can be seen in Logbook/Missions). This requested Military Base was almost complete and only a couple of hull parts where still missing - therefore the low amount of required credits to complete.

Immediately after hitting "confirm" the account value was set to the amount of 1,703,379,986,829 Cr and the corresponding achievement of reaching 1 billion credits was issued.
Otherwise the game was and continued functioning normally.

My problem is now how to reset the amount back to the previous proper value, because with this huge account a big part of the fun is lost.
Tried to set it according to some instructions I read by editing the saved game, but then the game appears as modified and I don't want this. Please advise....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 2.50 BUG - Account jumped up to 1.7 trillion credits during trying to set the "Available money for construction" fie

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 17:08

Just linking here a couple of other similar type of issue threads in case they also help the devs to track this down and confirm all are fixed in a future build. (Dev Florian says one at least of these is fixed in a build after 2.50.)
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=417386
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=416743
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jm7111
x4

Re: 2.50 BUG - Account jumped up to 1.7 trillion credits during trying to set the "Available money for construction" fie

Post by jm7111 » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 18:13

Thank you Alan for the prompt reply.

It seems that my case is somehow a mixture of both of the posts you mention. Was building 3 Defense Platforms at the same time, 2 for Argon and one for HOP if that matters at all.

The strange thing is that one of them was almost finished but a couple of hull parts were still missing. The requested amount kept changing - from 3,150 to 3,250 to 3,310, that short of thing - but I can't remember exactly, and because I was trying to exactly match that amount by manually entering the number in the said field, I had revisited the Plan Build for this station a few times. Finally, I entered 5,000 just to be sure that I wouldn't be bothered again.

I am again in Plan Build, this time for a new similar mission (4th station in a row) when I heard the characteristic sound of the mission termination. Exited the Plan Build without saving the changes to make sure that this long-lasting 3rd station was in fact finished (it had actually disappeared from the Object List), when I noticed the huge account number.

Later, by checking the Logbook/Missions I could see that the 3rd mission award amount is NOT mentioned there. Maybe this info could be useful to the Devs.

But my request still stands. How can I now get rid of this huge account amount ?

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 15:20

There is no way to get rid of the huge sums of money any 'normal' way. The only thing you can do now, without affecting your game 'vanilla' status, is to use game mechanics. For example, buy and sell something for loss, until your balance is satisfactory small enough, or buy a lot of ships and abandon/sell them. They are usually sold for less than it takes to build them.

My other thought was, if you have a lot of stations working for you, it's possible that you had a bug, where your profits weren't transferred in a timely manner, and one of the things you did with them missions triggered your proffit transfer to your bank account from all the stations you built/own, like mega- or mini-plexes. If all fails, reload from the earlier save?
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 16:00

Just build a dummy station with no production modules, plop the excess billion(s) into its account, and forget about it. Easy to do, and no **modified** ;)

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 16:04

that's a good thought. wouldn't even need to build a station, just build a plot. and I would bet if you delete the plot after transferring money to it, it would delete the monies as well.

edit - nvm, just tried this on an empty plot i own, doesn't allow cash transfer to it. well, okay it does if you transfer to the build account.

edit 2 - can confirm if you delete a plot with funds in the build account, the cash goes with it. So there ya go! no temptation to use the free monies!
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

jm7111
x4

Post by jm7111 » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 10:39

Thank you guys for your replies.
What I did was to buy all blueprints from all faction representatives which is a good 2-3 billion credits.

But to remove 1.7 trillion from the account even if I bought the whole known universe, I would still have quite a lot of credits left :)

Vertigo 7 thanks. Will try the solution you propose as soon as I will return from my vacations.
Have a good time with the game !!

jm7111
x4

Post by jm7111 » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 20:15

Can confirm that the solution proposed by Vertigo works. Thanks a lot.
The only detail is that the max allowable amount to allocate for module building is 1 trillion (Available money for construction), so I had to do it twice to get rid of this 1.7 trillion.

By constructing a dummy station (only a dock module is sufficient) and allocating a huge amount, and then, after it is complete by removing (deconstructing) this module and then deleting the station from Manage Plots, removes the station along with the monies allocated. I should mention here (because some contradictory info is mentioned at Steam) that in order to delete a Station (at Manage Plots) all modules must be deconstructed first.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”