Bug - equipment docks throwing ships across the sector

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Bug - equipment docks throwing ships across the sector

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 12. Aug 19, 11:24

I've observed L type equipment docks and manufacturing docks tossing ships across the map when they're undocking after an equipment change. Happens with both player and npc docks, both in and out of sector. Once the ship is thrown, it will fly back to the dock at low speed before the undock order is completed. This also has the side effect of other ships waiting to dock for equipment changes fail the order to dock.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Bug - equipment docks throwing ships across the sector

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 12. Aug 19, 14:01

it happens too when you build a ship, basically it's always happening and its frustrating to wait so long for them to undock
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 7. Sep 19, 22:20

I think I may have found the commonality in where the ships are being thrown across the sector. On stations where the equipment docks/fab bays are perfectly square with the station's plot, the ships undock normally. It seems to be consistently throwing ships where the docks are at an angle relative to the station plot. In sector/out of sector doesn't have a bearing on ships being thrown or not. 0/90/180/270 degrees are all functioning normally. It's any other angle that's causing an issue.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 07:50

I recommend uploading an unmodified save where this behaviour is easily observable, as well as instructions to recreate it. The developers might find it useful for debugging and fixing.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”