Patrolling, defending ships chasing enemies to other sectors.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ScandyNav
x4

Patrolling, defending ships chasing enemies to other sectors.

Post by ScandyNav » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 16:28

Code: Select all

Fixed ships protecting stations with the Protect Station order chasing targets out of the designated area.
Fixed another case of patrolling player-owned ships chasing hostiles beyond their engagement range.
No! It's still does not fixed!
The worst thing, that they even ignoring all blacklists when doing this!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Patrolling, defending ships chasing enemies to other sectors.

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 16:58

There are a couple of recent threads that may be worth a read:

Patrols chasing ships.

Ships ignoring blacklists.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 19:33

Little explanation. The ships, which goes on a chase through dozen of sectors are subordinates. Order to defend location is on the destroyer and its subordinates fly away and can't be stopped from this by any blocklist or something.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 22:35

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=417701

I think this is what you are experiancing..and as you can see its fixed in a future build.

AquilaRossa
x4

Post by AquilaRossa » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 05:03

This is causing headaches for me. I have blacklists setup, but station defenders will chase Xenon into Xenon sectors. They will even travel across the universe from Company Regard to Faulty Logic etc. I have to keep a close eye on them all and often find myself hitting that recall subordinates button. I find myself spending a lot of time reviewing fleet to make sure no fighters are off on wild goose chases.
Another issue i have found is factions build defence platforms in Xenon space. Traders of all factions including mine will try to supply the build storage. Blacklisting individual sectors instead of just all owned by a faction might seem to help. I am still trying to decide.
edit: I just read about the three types of blacklist. I am trying the sector activities one as well. See if it works. I hope so because constantly having to watch over fleets to call them back if they dive head first into Xenon space leaves less time for playing the game and flying around.
Follow up edit: I set up the sector actives blacklist a few days ago with the same rules as the travel blacklist. The problem did not stop. Today was the worst. 19/40 fighters assigned to a destroyer in Company Regard chased something into Scale Plate Green and were destroyed. I was not very happy about it. I expect losses from combat but not due to AI not behaving correctly. I had been building up a large fleet to seal that sector off and then go in there. Today I noticed a few of my destroyers had wandered into Scale Plate Green chasing a N or something. Luckily I got them all out alive. They were subordinates to other destroyers. I spent ages changing my fleets to be only one destroyer and 40 fighters after that. I want to be flying and shooting, not spending most of my game time dealing with this problem.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”