[Bug] Unable to load supplies into Nomad auxilliary resupply ship - Explanation given, fix in 2.60.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregorovitch
x4

[Bug] Unable to load supplies into Nomad auxilliary resupply ship - Explanation given, fix in 2.60.

Post by Gregorovitch » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 18:29

I've been trying for several hours to get a resupply ship working. Eventually I gave up on all automated resource gathering options (because they didn't work) and attempted the brute force approach, loading it from one of my freighters via transfer wares command. It didn't work either. Save file to demonstrate bug is here......

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bobiz5ax0edu ... ml.gz?dl=0

There are actually two bugs I can positively identify:

1. The storage tree display on the information tab for the vessel is un-viewable since the '+' sign is greyed out (presumably 'cos storage is at this point empty). This is at variance with the resupply manual addendum where the example shown also has nothing in storage. One effect of this is that the player is unable to determine what supplies the resupply ship requires when trying to set it up for the first time.

2. The nomad refuses to accept transfers of wares from a player owned freighter. The freighter will accept the order to transfer and will dock with the Nomad, but cannot actually transfer the wares and it remain stuck indefinitely in this state. It appears, therefore, that it is impossible to manually stock a resupply ship.

In the attached save you will find the Nomad (still named as such) in Argon Prime with one of my freighter (named Gopher) docked with it and attempting to transfer the 200 hull parts it has in it's hold to illustrate this.

Note A: I have tried to "activate" the Nomad by issuing a Supply Fleet command, selecting Argon Prime as location, in the hope that this might unblock the ability to transfer wares to it. It appeared to make no difference.

Note B: I have also tried to Trade Wares With the Nomad from Gopher for these 200 hull parts. I cannot because the Nomad is listing no trade offers in it's trade dialog screen, hull parts or anything else, even if given the Supply Fleet command. This appears to be at variance with the information given in the manual addendum. I have also tried attaching the Nomad to my main fleet using the Supply This Fleet command, in this case the Nomad also has no trade offers listed in the trade dialog, it does nothing basically.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [Bug] Unable to load supplies into Nomad auxilliary resupply ship

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 21:50

Thanks for the report and the save. Passed on the Devs to look at in due course.

Harryg

Post by Harryg » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 09:04

Gregorovitch wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 18:29
I've been trying for several hours to get a resupply ship working. Eventually I gave up on all automated resource gathering options (because they didn't work) and attempted the brute force approach, loading it from one of my freighters via transfer wares command. It didn't work either. Save file to demonstrate bug is here......

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bobiz5ax0edu ... ml.gz?dl=0

There are actually two bugs I can positively identify:

1. The storage tree display on the information tab for the vessel is un-viewable since the '+' sign is greyed out (presumably 'cos storage is at this point empty). This is at variance with the resupply manual addendum where the example shown also has nothing in storage. One effect of this is that the player is unable to determine what supplies the resupply ship requires when trying to set it up for the first time.

2. The nomad refuses to accept transfers of wares from a player owned freighter. The freighter will accept the order to transfer and will dock with the Nomad, but cannot actually transfer the wares and it remain stuck indefinitely in this state. It appears, therefore, that it is impossible to manually stock a resupply ship.

In the attached save you will find the Nomad (still named as such) in Argon Prime with one of my freighter (named Gopher) docked with it and attempting to transfer the 200 hull parts it has in it's hold to illustrate this.

Note A: I have tried to "activate" the Nomad by issuing a Supply Fleet command, selecting Argon Prime as location, in the hope that this might unblock the ability to transfer wares to it. It appeared to make no difference.

Note B: I have also tried to Trade Wares With the Nomad from Gopher for these 200 hull parts. I cannot because the Nomad is listing no trade offers in it's trade dialog screen, hull parts or anything else, even if given the Supply Fleet command. This appears to be at variance with the information given in the manual addendum. I have also tried attaching the Nomad to my main fleet using the Supply This Fleet command, in this case the Nomad also has no trade offers listed in the trade dialog, it does nothing basically.
I can't get supply ships working either! I can load them with Drones and flares etc but can't work out how to load Missiles and Torpedoes to supply mu fleet. Apart for the repair capability this is the primary use.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 13:33

Hi. Thanks for the detailed report and the save.
Gregorovitch wrote:
This is because the fleet auxiliary ship doesn't have the Supply Fleet behavior active and you appear to be missing blueprints for the various things that the Nomad could build to supply ships such as missiles. It won't know what it needs until after these two criteria are fulfilled.
Gregorovitch wrote:
They are stuck in a state that should be impossible. (Gopher is waiting for a signal that Nomad had already sent, and Gopher didn't read the marker that the signal had already been sent.) Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the issue to try and trace how it got into that situation in the first place. Cancelling the Ware Exchange order on either ship and telling them to Transfer Wares resulted in the Gopher transferring the wares to the Nomad. If you have reliable repro steps to get them to this state, would be most appreciated. I will revisit this in the future when there is more time.
Gregorovitch wrote:
This is also tied to the Nomad executing the Supply Fleet order.

Please note that:
- you will need blueprints for anything that the Nomad might be expected to build (missiles, units, or deployables), (you appear to be missing these.)
- and it could take a minute or two for the Nomad to start listing the wares that it needs and advertise trades for them.

ajime
x4

Re: [Bug] Unable to load supplies into Nomad auxilliary resupply ship - Explanation given.

Post by ajime » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 06:52

They are stuck in a state that should be impossible. (Gopher is waiting for a signal that Nomad had already sent, and Gopher didn't read the marker that the signal had already been sent.) Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the issue to try and trace how it got into that situation in the first place. Cancelling the Ware Exchange order on either ship and telling them to Transfer Wares resulted in the Gopher transferring the wares to the Nomad. If you have reliable repro steps to get them to this state, would be most appreciated. I will revisit this in the future when there is more time.
Not sure whether you are aware that Stacking the orders from beneficiary ship will trigger this issue. One workaround is to have the resupply ship itself to do the transfer ware instead of the beneficiary ship.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1887336942

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [Bug] Unable to load supplies into Nomad auxilliary resupply ship - Explanation given.

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 12:19

Hi ajime, Just tried queueing several Ware Exchange orders. For clarity:

I had two ships, one of which had energy cells (Ship A).
I ordered Ship B to transfer wares from Ship A to Ship B and did this four times.

The transfers went off without a hitch so unfortunately couldn't reproduce the issue.

One odd thing i noticed from your screenshot is that the Location and Object fields are both blank. Can you remember how it got to that state?

This is how my order queue menu looks after queueing the transfers:

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Wed, 16. Oct 19, 11:27

j.harshaw wrote:
Mon, 14. Oct 19, 12:19
Hi ajime, Just tried queueing several Ware Exchange orders. For clarity:

I had two ships, one of which had energy cells (Ship A).
I ordered Ship B to transfer wares from Ship A to Ship B and did this four times.

The transfers went off without a hitch so unfortunately couldn't reproduce the issue.

One odd thing i noticed from your screenshot is that the Location and Object fields are both blank. Can you remember how it got to that state?

This is how my order queue menu looks after queueing the transfers:
Hi harshaw,
What I did:
1. Queue Get my Falcon Vanguard FT to buy Energy Cells from Energy Cell Sold in Scale Plate Green
2. Queue Queue my Falcon VAnguard FT to transfer the Energy Cell to my Atlas Sentinel Resupply in Company Regards.
3. Check My Falcon Queue list - All Seems Okay.
4. Check My Atlas Sentinel Receiving List - Missing Objects as screenshot below.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1890746972

My Save File:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g-fWn ... PJN5gc9zm0

Btw im running version 2.5.
So what i usually do to overcome is:
1. Queue my Falcon Vanguard FT to buy energy and dock at Atlas Sentinel.
2. Queue my Atlas Sentinel to Ware Exchange with Falcon Vanguard FT. Both with have correct statuses and transfer doesn't wait infinitely. Hope it helps.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 16. Oct 19, 13:22

@ajime,

Sorry, my mistake. It's just a difference in the menu. Those fields are correctly unpopulated, but the current state of the menu doesn't show those fields in that case.

And i think i see my confusion, and i apologize for causing confusion on your part. Failed to note that this thread is in tech support and that you're running 2.50 while i was testing with 2.60.

I have managed to successfully reproduce the bug (this particular case leading to ships getting stuck when doing ware exchange) in 2.50 and am happy to report that it is already fixed in 2.60.

Thank you for the save and the detailed repro steps, and sorry again for the confusion.

@Gregorovitch, looks like this was the same issue with your Nomad and Gopher.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”