Mining ship issues (not waiting for drones and hitting asteroid)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

Mining ship issues (not waiting for drones and hitting asteroid)

Post by Browser_ice » Thu, 5. Sep 19, 22:47

Hi, for the first time, I was looking at some of my mining ships. I used to simply tell them to go mining and not checking back. But this time, I am in one and checking what it does.

In doing so, I see 2 issues that I suspect have been there for a long time:
1) Ship not waiting for all drones to dock in before moving.
I see it often moving else where (and even leaving the area) without waiting for its mining cargo to have all docked in.

2) Sometimes the mining ship will keep moving forward until it hits the asteroid (causing it to explode) even if it was mining it with its laser

Amy idea when these 2 issues will be fixed?

[added comment]
I noticed if I do a right click on a drone to get information on it, it will not display having something in its storage when it actually picked up a mineral piece. Don't know if its a bug or intentional.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Mining ship issues (not waiting for drones and hitting asteroid)

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 04:18

I made a similar thread a while back. Short story is drones are broken, currently. Capital miners work best out of sector. If you're not flying it yourself, you should try to stay far enough away that the drones don't actually spawn for them to do their thing. Otherwise they'll do as you've observed and leave their drones behind and eventually the drones will just despawn since they wont ever be able to catch back up to the miner.

Also, the ships flying into asteroids doesn't really impact anything other than the ships may lose a bit of their shields. If there's any harvestable materials in the rock, the drones will still grab it. AI doesn't know how to fly =p
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”