Trade/station AI

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

taztaz502
x4

Trade/station AI

Post by taztaz502 » Sat, 7. Sep 19, 22:46

Hey guys i recently kicked the pirates out of nopleos fortune II and been running into problems ever since.

I decided to build multiple factories to feed from one another rather than just building one huge complex the problem is despite having a lot of trade ships and miners they won't feed each other and struggle to feed themselves.

The mining ships decide to go mine in sectors far away despite the resources needed being in sector or 2-3 sectors away and don't fill up to maximum, Trade ships are the same i have shuyaku freighters delivering 20 energy cells miles away despite having a sector full of stations that require a ton of energy cells. They even delivery small amounts to my own stations in sector but the station has 0 energy to start with, why not just deliver the full 55,000 cargo worth to fill the required amount the station needs?

Then when they eventually buy the resources required or wait for the miners my stations will sit at full capacity when theirs stations in the sector that require those resources.

I even tried putting a few traders on "Distribute Wares" for the required wares my stations needed but again they decide to wonder the galaxy trading 20-200 wares per stations.

Has anyone managed to make a player economy that feeds into each other rather than just making complex's that provide everything?

If so how?

I can upload the save if someone tells me where to upload it, seems to only be stations in nopleos memorial II effected.

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trade/station AI

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 00:24

effective use of blacklists will get you what you want. combo faction trade restrictions and sector travel to keep the traders locked down in the area you want and only trading with your stations. I would assign transports to each station so they are constantly moving wares between them. I've yet to get goods transferred via mass transporters but doing it the way i suggested works.

https://imgur.com/Srn6VIY
https://imgur.com/3yT4fDs
https://imgur.com/7DHIsnO
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 09:24

Please confirm that you are running the latest version of X4. Many of the issues you described should have been fixed by the last patch.

Providing a unmodified save will be very helpful. Any reputable file sharing service is fine. For example you could create a free dropbox or onedrive account and use that to host the file for a few months.

I managed to get my factories to move energy cells, food and hull parts between each other with no issues.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 14:55

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 8. Sep 19, 00:24
effective use of blacklists will get you what you want. combo faction trade restrictions and sector travel to keep the traders locked down in the area you want and only trading with your stations. I would assign transports to each station so they are constantly moving wares between them. I've yet to get goods transferred via mass transporters but doing it the way i suggested works.

https://imgur.com/Srn6VIY
https://imgur.com/3yT4fDs
https://imgur.com/7DHIsnO
Haha i never thought about that, you absolute genius. Never messed around with blacklists looks like it could be quite time consuming to work them all out, didn't realise you could have multiple lists.

Also i don't know how to multi-quote but for guy above my save game was started in 2.50 the latest patch and non-beta version also non-modified.

Here is my save

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smf1hka34jc1l ... ml.gz?dl=0

I would love to know if anyone could solve the problem because it's killing my game at the minute although i'll be starting fresh with the next update.

(P.s., check out the income of the ore refinery that thing is a beast for only having a few modules beats every other station by a mile.)

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:38

nah they're pretty easy to set up. M class transports in local sectors will move goods fairly rapidly, so one or two per station will work. So create one travel restriction black lists that restricts transit to the neighboring sectors of the one you're operating in, and then create another black lists that restricts trade with all NPC factions and assign those directly to the station traders you want moving goods. That'll free up any other traders you want to trade with NPCs and whatever other sectors you want them to travel to.

I've got a couple of L transports as well that I use to move goods to my own stations across the galaxy. I only use the No NPC trade blacklist for those. Works fairly well. Especially useful when getting new stations up and running.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 16:07

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:38
nah they're pretty easy to set up. M class transports in local sectors will move goods fairly rapidly, so one or two per station will work. So create one travel restriction black lists that restricts transit to the neighboring sectors of the one you're operating in, and then create another black lists that restricts trade with all NPC factions and assign those directly to the station traders you want moving goods. That'll free up any other traders you want to trade with NPCs and whatever other sectors you want them to travel to.

I've got a couple of L transports as well that I use to move goods to my own stations across the galaxy. I only use the No NPC trade blacklist for those. Works fairly well. Especially useful when getting new stations up and running.
I'm going to try work something out as restricting ships from leaving a sector etc could be really useful.

My logistics is just totally failing at the moment. :lol:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1857650772

Edit: Btw even though those ships are flying in a straight line, they're not using the high way lol

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 16:20

Actually, I found out the other day, the highway in nipple II is pretty slow. They're probably moving faster at travel speed than the highway will move them.
rebellionpac.com

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 17:40

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 8. Sep 19, 16:20
Actually, I found out the other day, the highway in nipple II is pretty slow. They're probably moving faster at travel speed than the highway will move them.
I foolishly put my shipyard/wharf at the end of the highway though, highway is a ton faster when travelling that distance as nopleos II is quite a big sector.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 9. Sep 19, 03:40

Looking at your save I can notice the following problems.
  • There is no ship trader at shipyard. You have a S/M fabrication bay but no ship trader assigned to the station to allow the module to function. Teleport to the station, find some generic crew of yours on it and reassign one of them to be the ship trader. Wait until the trader walks into position and the shipyard will be operational. Without a ship trader the shipyard or warf might not order in the correct volume of wares. This will prevent it from trying to sell Energy Cells as Warfs have near infinite demand for Energy Cells. One also needs appropriate blueprints so that the stocking logic orders in everything needed for them.
  • You are oversaturating local demand for many wares. The result is the station traders are selling small volumes of wares because NPC stations are only offering small volumes of buy orders as production cycles complete. The solution is to introduce manual pricing and price fix at some sensible amount. For example the microchip factory has a station trader moving just 20 microchips at low price, however by raising the sales price from 820 to 876 (highest low tier price) one will notice that the shipments to NPCs become slightly larger and also much more profitable and efficient.
  • You are trying to sell Energy Cells to NPCs with the wrong size freighter. NPC stations buy very small amounts of Energy cells so it is usually not possible to ship full M or L container loads of them to NPCs. Since these stations use solar power for self sufficiency, the solution is to either restrict trade of Energy Cells with NPCs or to fix their sale price at average or high so that at least the trades will be worth while.
  • Some of your stations lack cargo drones. These might be required to load or unload some L ships.
After making the above corrections within 30 minutes or so of playing HOP was placing their first orders for ships at the shipyard with 150% sale price set.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”