Clicking on things sometimes just does not work

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sveri
x4

Clicking on things sometimes just does not work

Post by sveri » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:04

Hi,

I have trouble with click actions on menus being recognized sometimes. For instance in the stations overview I sometimes cannot open / close a station by clicking on the +/- button.
The same in the logical overview. Often an opened dropdown cannot be closed again. But it will close when I open a different dropdown.
I have also seen this happening when I try to rename a station, clicking into the text field of the station name just will not give me the option to edit the name.
It happens in borderless mode as well as in full window mode, with and without mods, in SETA and outside of it.
I run W10 if that is of any help. Any ides what might be wrong here?

Thanks,
Sven

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Clicking on things sometimes just does not work

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:15

As you are running in windowed modes, is it possible that you are using an unusual resolution or screen aspect ratio, or rescaling the screen in the display, such that the game is not quite sure exactly where you are clicking despite you choosing the target carefully?

Another possibility is that you have a very course resolution set in your mouse driver, but that is very unlikely.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:18

You can't minimise a station/Wing if you have one of the subordinates selected.

Select the thing you wish to minimise or deselect a target and you can use - to minimise the information again.

And yeah it's quite annoying.

Edit: As for the station renaming you just have to click a few times until it's current name is gone and you can type, failing that you can go into plan build mode and change it at the top of the screen.

I think the map and UI need a lot of work done to be honest, my fps drops to 0-15 fps when i open the map which i think is making it less responsive, i have to click multiple times for it to register.

sveri
x4

Post by sveri » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:22

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:15
As you are running in windowed modes, is it possible that you are using an unusual resolution or screen aspect ratio, or rescaling the screen in the display, such that the game is not quite sure exactly where you are clicking despite you choosing the target carefully?
Nope, I run at my native resolution.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:15
Another possibility is that you have a very course resolution set in your mouse driver, but that is very unlikely.
Cannot remember I did anything mouse related, where could I check that?

sveri
x4

Post by sveri » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:27

taztaz502 wrote:
Sun, 8. Sep 19, 15:18
You can't minimise a station/Wing if you have one of the subordinates selected.
I was afraid someone would say that, ok, at least that explains that behaviour.
taztaz502 wrote:
Edit: As for the station renaming you just have to click a few times until it's current name is gone and you can type, failing that you can go into plan build mode and change it at the top of the screen.
Yea, that's what I usually did, but now I had a case where I could click as often as I wanted and never entered the text field which was more than annoying.
taztaz502 wrote:
I think the map and UI need a lot of work done to be honest, my fps drops to 0-15 fps when i open the map which i think is making it less responsive, i have to click multiple times for it to register.
I will have a look at my FPS, maybe it get's worse with lower FPS.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”