A ghost of a mouse - Partial improvement.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grbaker
x4

A ghost of a mouse - Partial improvement.

Post by grbaker » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 07:15

Anyone had this....?

Just upgraded to a AMD 5700XT from an ole RX580 and my mouse cursor in game has gone nearly black.... I can see it if a stand sideways and try not to look at it but it makes playing the game really hard.

I did also upgrade to AMD latest drivers 19.9.1 (I think) and have reported it to them as well... but if anyone knows how to change this in game settings let me know... beer in it for ya.

My money is on the drivers. It is odd how it starts as soon as the game starts to load... (ie mouse ghosts.... spooky)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: A ghost of a mouse

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 11:03

As a start, try these hints from the Common Issues & Workarounds Sticky and see if they help:

Mouse Cursor is invisible
If your mouse cursor is invisible in the game, please check that you have disabled the options "Hide pointer while typing" and "Display pointer trails". Under Windows you find them in the Control Panel under Mouse -> Pointer Options.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

grbaker
x4

Post by grbaker » Wed, 11. Sep 19, 00:18

Yep, tried that. Mouse pointer options had not changed anyway but I set them as stipulated and its still hiding.

Thanks... will keep looking.

grbaker
x4

Post by grbaker » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 10:31

An Update: sort of sorted.

New AMD driver 19.9.1 had set my Display to a Colour Depth of 8bpc instead of the normal 10 bpc and would not let me change it to 10bpc (which the monitor supports)

By switching 'Virtual Super Resolution' on then off I was able to set 10bpc.... reboot and now the mouse curse is back to its dark blue(ish) colour....

I would love an option to set the curser colour to some not related to black.... haha...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”