[BUG] 1fps due to asteroid spamming? (saves)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LennStar
x4

[BUG] 1fps due to asteroid spamming? (saves)

Post by LennStar » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 10:09

I played X4 a lot but there is always a time you need to make a break - to play other games and, in my case, get a new job and move to a different city.

I stopped playing activly shortly before the 2.5 update. When it came out I took a look and saw that I needed a lot more cash if I wanted to test the shipyards.
So I teleported to my station and only did the 64h adventure for the credits and, of course, for the paint jobs because I am sure I will use mods in the future.

But now my game became unplayable. The fps dropped to 1-3 fps.
If I load an older game (before all those adventures) it is smooth again.
If you compare the view out of the window of the adventure station with the one in the latest game, you can see that thereseem to be a LOT more asteroids. Maybe the game is (was with 2.5 update) spamming them?

I included 3 saves in the 7zip file. Can somebody confirm the huge fps difference in them? If I remember right (just look at Credits ;)) Par1 should be the one before the adventures, par2 in the middle and the fast save is now, but I teleported away from the HQ station to see if the fps was low there, too.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... es.7z.html
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [BUG] 1fps due to asteroid spamming? (saves)

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 10:43

Up to and including 2.5 there was a bug in the game due to which NPCs spammed ridiculous amounts of stations, and consequently, ships. "Ridiculous" being in some cases hundreds. This slowed the game down significantly. This is supposedly fixed with 2.60 (currently in beta), the spam should stop and excessive numbers of stations/ships are removed from the game, and people are reporting FPS improvements due to that fix.

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 18:25

radcapricorn wrote:
Sat, 14. Sep 19, 10:43
Up to and including 2.5 there was a bug in the game due to which NPCs spammed ridiculous amounts of stations, and consequently, ships. "Ridiculous" being in some cases hundreds. This slowed the game down significantly. This is supposedly fixed with 2.60 (currently in beta), the spam should stop and excessive numbers of stations/ships are removed from the game, and people are reporting FPS improvements due to that fix.
I don't think this is the case. I haven't seen any high amounts of stations (less than my last game).
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 18:38

If you feel up to a test and don't mind a bit of downloading, switch to the 2.60 beta and see if the game fps improves for you. You don't have to save while in beta and can switch back to the 2.50 release version (no betas) after the test. If there is a big improvement then it was the spam of NPC stations and their associated ships.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 19:05

Oh, wow. I loaded your saves, and that's... spectacular. Doesn't show on the screenshot, but nVidia reported about 2 FPS there. How or why did all those rocks get there, I don't know. However, after teleporting to another sector and then back, they do seem to disappear, and FPS comes back (I'm playing the current beta 2.60, if your game show different behavior).

Oh, and if you upload saves again some time, please consider using a hosting that doesn't pop up any advertisement or, well, other kinds of things. For example, dropbox.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 19:56

Let me guess, a asteroid was just sitting there frozen looking maybe? You shoot it and it explodes into hundreads of asteroids? Could be the bug where 1 ship is stuck in space and the space around it the fps tanks so hard and why its because if i 1 shot the ship (one of those traffic station ships the tiny ones) it explodes into about 100 of ships. So if it is that bug its not limited to just tiny transport traffic ships. Could mean anything in the game could be a ticking bomb of fps of death. Also maybe u didnt shoot a asteroid but a miner ship did shoot one of them special bugged things which caused loads of em from 1 of em.

Maybe related bug: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=417819&p=4875987#p4875987 For the devs to compare as im betting it is.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 20:26

I don't think it would've been realistic to find, shoot, and hit such an asteroid with that kind of framerate, if that was indeed another instance of the piñata.

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 22:11

radcapricorn wrote:
Sat, 14. Sep 19, 19:05
However, after teleporting to another sector and then back, they do seem to disappear, and FPS comes back (I'm playing the current beta 2.60, if your game show different behavior).

Oh, and if you upload saves again some time, please consider using a hosting that doesn't pop up any advertisement or, well, other kinds of things. For example, dropbox.
Other things? O.o thats new afaik.

Yeah, you are right. Coming new into the sector deletes the extra asteroids.
Let me guess, a asteroid was just sitting there frozen looking maybe?
There were a lot of icy looking asteroids. I didn't shoot any, but I would not be surprised if one was taken by a miner or detonated at the station or a ship.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”