[2.6 beta2] Nomad no ship trader on board

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

otto_deluxe
x4

[2.6 beta2] Nomad no ship trader on board

Post by otto_deluxe » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 00:35

I have two supply ships (both in fleets) but none of my ships will go there to repair and re-arm. When I try to manually send them, or try to have the resupply ship repair docked ships, the option is greyed out, telling me there is no ship trader on board. I, however, cannot assign a ship trader, so the supply ships cannot function. The ships in question are Nomads. I do run a few mods, but none that wouldtouch the resupply logic.

Mods:
Rebalance Mining plus
Better Kill Credit
CollectInvWares
FactionEnhancer - War module
Early SETA
Fly-by Lockbox
Foundations of Conquest and War
UI API
LearnAllTheThings
Mobile Repair Service
No RCS Sound Effects
Community Right Click API
Sector Sattelites
Signal_Leak_Hunter
Mules
TaterTrader
CivillianFleets
Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (theoretically touches the ship, but should not cause that error)
Legal Inventory Wares
True Capture

I'm out of time for today, but will try if the bug persists in a new save, completely vanilla.

Cheers,
Otto

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [2.6 beta2] Nomad no ship trader on board

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 03:32

Most likely a compatibility issue with one of the mods. The developers cannot really help you with it unless you can recreate the issue in a modless save for them to debug.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 11:25

... unfortunately you cannot make a 'completely vanilla' save even if you carry on from an existing modified save but with all mods disabled. Weird things still happen due to code and data embedded in the modded save.

Also mods and beta testing do not mix well!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

otto_deluxe
x4

Post by otto_deluxe » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 11:40

I was intending to start a new game and see how fast I could get a Nomad, without any mods to make sure it's the mods after all. I'm aware the premise of mods and beta don't mix well, I was just hoping and praying. I never had a Nomad in 2.5 modded or vanilla, so I wasn't sure how it's suppoed to behave, and googling I never found a mention of a ship trader being neccessary. It might not be worth investgating further if no one else is having problems and mine are self-created.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”